Author Topic: Fitting MText to Textbox  (Read 1559 times)

tcdan

Fitting MText to Textbox
« on: July 07, 2005, 09:48:22 PM »
Have you ever witnessed this scenario - you create some textboxes with mtext then need to change the height of the text?  No fun!  When you resize the mtext, the textbox doesn't shrink with it. . . i thought I was forever doomed in the doldrums of despondent textbox resizing, until <dahdahdahDAAAAH> I realized you can set the width to 0 and the textbox will resize itself according to the text size!  I suppose you all knew that, but I was too excited not to post.

whdjr

Fitting MText to Textbox
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 10:37:04 AM »
yes we all knew that.

CADaver

Fitting MText to Textbox
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 11:24:50 AM »
SCALETEXT

tcdan

Fitting MText to Textbox
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 12:05:04 PM »
yes we all knew that

Well, at least remember those times when you were still picking CAD up, and you did something WRONG for a long time. . . back when you were still a newt.  But then, you made a breakthrough, and you found a better way to do something - remember that moment?  Relish that.  Mmmmm.  Perspiration gives way to innovation.  The more I learn, the lazier I can work and still produce the same amount.  I call it the laziness factor.

CADaver

Fitting MText to Textbox
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 12:30:59 PM »
Necessity was never the mother of invention, "lazy" is.

daron

Fitting MText to Textbox
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 12:32:57 PM »
Ain't that the truth. How else can I spend time in here and never be late on any project?

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Fitting MText to Textbox
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 11:28:46 AM »
Ain't that the truth. How else can I spend time in here and never be late on any project?

Hear ye! Hear ye!  :lol:

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC