Author Topic: LDD comes with MAP, can i get regular ACAD out of this  (Read 3188 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
LDD comes with MAP, can i get regular ACAD out of this
« on: January 12, 2005, 10:12:18 PM »
I was wondering if I CAN get regular autocad by striping all the modules in LDD. Or strip Autocad MAP?

I just want CAD to start and be quick when i start it so it does not have to LOAD everything.... unless there is a way to demand load it?

thanks
Civil3D 2020

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 11:37:09 PM »
The closest you can get to Vanilla Autocad , I believe, is to use the Land Enabled Map with the option of 'Disable load on demand" under the ObjectArx applications sub menu of the options.

Dent Cermak

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 11:42:47 PM »
MINE IS NOT ALL THAT SLOW LOADING. PERHAPS YOU HAVE OVERLOADED THE ACAD.LSP ROUTINE WITH A BUNCH OF CUSTOM LISP FILES, ETC. IF SO, TAKE ALL OF THAT MESS OUT OF THE START-UP SUITE. YOU CAN LOAD THEM ON DEMAND AS YOU NEED THEM. (My dang cap lock really sucks on this pooter!!)
Do not strip anything or you will have a mess. maybe you can trade your LDD for a plain Jane ACAD 2005, but ALL the stuff you will loose!!  On mine, MAP does not load unless I use the MAP icon, so it's not an issue. Maybe you can reload it with the "custom configuration" options and select only those elements you need ?

Gliderider

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 07:47:15 AM »
Try using "Land Enabled Map".  There should be an icon for it under the program group for LDD. I like it because it opens faster and you can open multiple drawings.