Author Topic: Where to Jig  (Read 2894 times)

Draftek

• Water Moccasin
Where to Jig
« on: January 12, 2011, 10:38:48 AM »
I'm beginning to architect my new dbx application. May or may not use custom objects but either way I want to de-couple the objets from the interface so I can create arx,.net,mac and bricscad ui's.

Where do the jigs need to reside - inside the dbx or seperate arx with wrappers as necessary?
Soli Deo Gloria

LE3

Re: Where to Jig
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »
In the ARX.

Draftek

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 02:03:28 PM »
Is each UI required to have it's own jig or can I wrap the jig along with the object?
Soli Deo Gloria

LE3

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 03:11:33 PM »
Is each UI required to have it's own jig or can I wrap the jig along with the object?

You need one for each of your objects, I have followed the rules of having separate files dbx & arx, way back I had some of my first custom objects made inside of a single arx.

If you use the arxwizard, you will get the skeleton of your custom object project done, and in there there is also a wizard available for your Jig's too.

HTH.

Draftek

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 04:27:30 PM »
I have an object class dll and an arx for the jig. I wonder if I can just make the arx jig a dll and then use it in an arx, .net wrapper, or mac wrapper so I don't have the re-code the jig for each type of interface.

Thanks
Soli Deo Gloria

It's Alive!

• BricsCAD
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 08:29:08 AM »
Sure,  you can put it in a library. I have a couple of jigs I reuse often. For ARX, spend a little time making wrappers (native) for some of the AcEd functions,  I.e  acedgetxxx and acedssget  etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...sure makes life easier  :-)

Draftek

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 03:48:13 PM »
Thanks,
Got some .Net wrapper questions coming....
Soli Deo Gloria