Author Topic: Viewport Problem  (Read 1989 times)

Artisan

Viewport Problem
« on: January 12, 2005, 09:12:13 AM »
Ok, I have another problem with viewports in the paperspace that I can't seem to solve. Help, please.

In paperspace, I create my viewports by using the MVIEW command. On the current drawings, when I create the viewports, the objects in modelspace that are now shown, are shown as block/white objects instead of seeing the color of the objects as I am use too. If I copy a viewport box over on the same sheet, I see the color of the objects, while the others are still black/white in appearance. It's just an odd thing that I can't figure out. The prototype from which I have been using over and over for these drawings came from the boss man, so it's untelling what he has done.

hendie

Viewport Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 09:16:57 AM »
*edited* didn't read the post properly

Kate M

Viewport Problem
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 12:37:27 PM »
Is "Display plot styles" checked in the Page Setup?

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Viewport Problem
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 12:56:42 PM »
Artisan,

Why don't you post your drawing and I'll take a look.

Ron

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

CADaver

Viewport Problem
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 01:10:16 PM »
Quote from: Kate M
Is "Display plot styles" checked in the Page Setup?
Yeah, KAte, that was my first thought as well, but he goes on to say that an new viewport displays color properly, so...  I dunno...

Artisan

Viewport Problem
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 02:17:18 PM »
Quote from: ronjonp
Artisan,

Why don't you post your drawing and I'll take a look.

Ron

Here's a pic of what I am referring too. Notice that the drawings on the left are black/white while the one on the right is color. The one on the right was a copied viewport of the one on the left. When I copied it over, it changed to color.

http://www.theswamp.org/lilly_pond/artisan/viewports.JPG?nossi=1

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Viewport Problem
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 04:52:14 PM »
This is the "Display Plot Styles" check box problem. If you Regenall, the new VP objects will also be white.....
Go to Page Setup, Select the Plot Device tab, uncheck the box where it says "Display Plot Styles"