Author Topic: Convert Pro E Files to MDT or Inventor?  (Read 8610 times)

Darryl

Convert Pro E Files to MDT or Inventor?
« on: February 03, 2005, 03:24:38 PM »
Does anyone know anything about Pro E?  I have an IGES file made by Pro E, but only a small part of it will come into MDT.  (It did even worse in Inventor.)  The person that gave me the IGES file said that Pro E will only export IGES or STEP files.  I wish they could export an ACIS file (*.SAT).

Any ideas?  Pleeeaaaassssseeeeee...............

hendie

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 03:27:21 PM »
I haven't used it for ages but I was sure it could do SAT (or was it STEP ?) and it can definitely do DXF ~ but I've no way to verify that

Darryl

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 04:13:15 PM »
Thanks Hendie.  Tomorrow I plan to talk to our AutoCAD reseller who has someone who's knowledgeable about Pro E (he was busy today).  If I learn any more, I'll post it.

Thanks again.

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 05:40:13 AM »
My Hubby is a Pro-E man, he told me that Pro-E can do the following translations.

STEP, IGES, DXF, VRML, OBJ, Catia, Neutral.

Hope that helps
Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

Darryl

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 04:45:38 PM »
Thanks Jonesy.

Today I talked to our AutoCAD reseller, who is familiar with Pro-E.  Here's what he said:
Inventor will read native Pro-E files up to version 21.  If the Pro-E version is later than that, it's better to use a STEP file - not an IGES file.

We're now requesting STEP and native Pro-E files from our customer.  Hope they will work.  Will try to post my findings.

Have a good weekend!