Author Topic: Wheel button  (Read 3012 times)

VerticalMojo

Wheel button
« on: January 10, 2005, 05:35:57 PM »
Holding my middle wheel button down I can pan my drawing.... and if I scroll the wheel button I can USALLY zoom in and out. But There is some instances that it pans the drawing up and down..... Can someone explain why it’s doing this and how I can set it to zoom only?

Thanks!

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Wheel button
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 05:50:48 PM »
It is a known issue with Windows and other programs that have internal scoll mouse handlers.....

In the Control panel, select the scroll mouse and then go to the troubleshooter ... finally select the AutoCAD software and it will put it in the list of software to turn off the default Windows scroll mouse handler ... you must have the driver for the mouse installed otherwise you will not have the option to disable the windows driver in AutoCAD
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

dubb

• Swamp Rat
Wheel button
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 06:22:22 PM »
try

mbuttonpan

set it to zero

and check to make sure your mouse properties is microsoft wheel compatible in your mouse control panel.

Dent Cermak

Wheel button
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 06:45:06 PM »
that sets the osnap menu only.

dubb

• Swamp Rat
Wheel button
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 07:47:51 PM »
O..i must have misunderstood that..btw..my mubottonpan is always zero.

Bob

Wheel button
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 03:20:05 AM »
If it happens to me I hold down the ctrl button at the same time as scrolling the button

hudster

• Gator
Wheel button
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 03:44:46 AM »
do you by any chance still have the "Display scroll bars in drawing window" option enabled?

Mine used to do this till I unselected it.
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

VerticalMojo

Wheel button
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 09:38:01 AM »
Quote from: Keith
It is a known issue with Windows and other programs that have internal scoll mouse handlers.....

In the Control panel, select the scroll mouse and then go to the troubleshooter ... finally select the AutoCAD software and it will put it in the list of software to turn off the default Windows scroll mouse handler ... you must have the driver for the mouse installed otherwise you will not have the option to disable the windows driver in AutoCAD

I guess I dont have it installed... maybe thats a XP thing? It didnt give me the option to add AutoCAD.

Quote from: Bob
If it happens to me I hold down the ctrl button at the same time as scrolling the button

Wow very nice... sounds like an easy fix  :)

Quote from: Hudster
do you by any chance still have the "Display scroll bars in drawing window" option enabled?

I should take them out since I have the pan button....

VerticalMojo

Wheel button
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 09:40:45 AM »
Quote from: Hudster

Instead of scrolling or zooming it dosent do anything.....  :?

AfricaAD

Wheel button
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005, 01:00:22 PM »
I have the MS Intellipoint Optical using the 5.2 drivers. How come there is a delay or I have to hit the scroll button twice in order to pan? Is there a fix or a way to speed this up? I have it set as a middle click in the mouse properties for AutoCAD.

tcdan

Wheel button
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2005, 03:51:08 PM »
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has had this problem. . . a friend here at work came up with a crazy temporary solution.  Whenever the mouse wheel would start making the screen pan, he would put his mouse arrow in the square at the ends of the display scroll bars in the drawing window (open up CAD and if you have these scroll bars displayed you will see the little square).  He would scroll the mouse wheel a few times, and - TADA - it would zoom in the drawing again.  Weird, huh?  You should try this technique out sometime if the problem happens again.

mbuttonpan isn't the problem - this variable turns on/off panning when you press down on the mouse wheel button, not when you scroll with the mouse wheel.

THE REAL SOLUTION:
In the Control panel, select the scroll mouse and then go to the troubleshooter ... finally select the AutoCAD software and it will put it in the list of software to turn off the default Windows scroll mouse handler

Yeah - this solved the problem for me.  Thanks Keith!

tcdan

Wheel button
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2005, 03:52:18 PM »
HURRAH FOR MY FIRST POST EVER!

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Wheel button
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2005, 03:54:46 PM »
Quote from: tcdan
HURRAH FOR MY FIRST POST EVER!

That'd be your SECOND post ... oh .. and you are welcome :)
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie