Author Topic: Attributes connected to visability state  (Read 6967 times)

CottageCGirl

Attributes connected to visability state
« on: October 21, 2010, 02:51:38 PM »
dumb ? # 2.....

so I have my block...and 4 visability states and I need an attribute to change w/ the visability state.   
my 15-9612L shows the crown on the left..... it also needs the "V1" attribute to be "L"
I tried using 4 visability states which seems to work, except when the block is inserted, NONE of my attributes come thru the (Attext) attribute extraction process..

I cant seem to find much information out there regarding dynamic blocks and attributes...anyone have any good resources?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Attributes connected to visability state
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 03:10:14 PM »
dumb ? # 2.....

so I have my block...and 4 visability states and I need an attribute to change w/ the visability state.    
my 15-9612L shows the crown on the left..... it also needs the "V1" attribute to be "L"
I tried using 4 visability states which seems to work, except when the block is inserted, NONE of my attributes come thru the (Attext) attribute extraction process..

I cant seem to find much information out there regarding dynamic blocks and attributes...anyone have any good resources?

can that attribute be defined as a FIELD that gets it's information from the Vis state?

downloading dwg now....

the answer is YES
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:35:30 PM by Anti Quark »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

CottageCGirl

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 03:15:29 PM »
dumb ? # 2.....

can that attribute be defined as a FIELD that gets it's information from the Vis state?

downloading dwg now....

thats what I was trying to do, but am having trouble finding info....  knowing its called "Field" will be helpful and I am sure will open up all sorts of search paths for me...thanks!

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 03:25:37 PM »
edit the attribute
at the VALUE entry

RIGHT click and select INSERT FIELD
field Type is object
etc

try mine as a guide... it works for me exactly as you desire already...by using a field..you might need alter preset to yes/no for it to have 'hands off' operation
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

CottageCGirl

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 03:32:24 PM »
edit the attribute
at the VALUE entry

field Type is object
etc

try mine as a guide... it works for me exactly as you desire already...by using a field..you might need alter preset to yes/no for it to have 'hands off' operation

ghah...would you mind saving down to 2008........thanks

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 03:34:41 PM »
edit the attribute
at the VALUE entry

field Type is object
etc

ghah...would you mind saving down to 2008........thanks
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

CottageCGirl

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 03:42:48 PM »
not really understanding it..but i will read up more on fields.....(me thinks my ignorance on that topic is the problem...)

so let me dig into that for a whlie...thanks for the direction, but I have a few other things to work on this afternoon

THANKS!!!

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 03:49:56 PM »
A field can be used as any piece of text one want to fill in automatically...
one can even use them to list lenghts and or areas of objects...
viewport scales...etc...they are for far more than just filling in title block data from the sheet set properties...although they are great for that as well...
fields can also contain DIESEL, and LISP expressions as well as system variables....
A field is text that contains instructions to display data that you expect to change during the life cycle of the drawing.

When a field is updated, the latest data is displayed. For example, the value of the FileName field is the name of the file. If the file name changes, the new file name is displayed when the field is updated.

Fields can be inserted in any kind of text (except tolerances), including text in table cells, attributes, and attribute definitions. When any text command is active, Insert Field is available on the shortcut menu.

Some sheet set fields can be inserted as placeholders. For example, you can insert SheetNumberAndTitle as a placeholder. Later, when the layout is added to a sheet set, the placeholder field displays the correct sheet number and title.

Block placeholder fields can be used in block attribute definitions while you're working in the Block Editor.

A field for which no value is available displays hyphens (----). For example, the Author field, which is set in the Drawing Properties dialog box, may be blank. An invalid field displays pound signs (####). For example, the CurrentSheetName field, which is valid only in paper space, displays pound signs if it is placed in model space.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 03:51:09 PM »
by friday...you'll be outstanding in your fields 
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

CottageCGirl

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 04:22:03 PM »
lol....and where I live..there are LOTS of fields......(really)

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 04:38:54 PM »
:whistle:
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 04:45:02 PM »
:whistle:
I look nothing like THAT child.
And I have a test to prove he isn't mine either.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell