Author Topic: Hand Gun  (Read 4073 times)

POCKETS

Hand Gun
« on: October 19, 2010, 09:19:23 AM »
Does any one have a nice, 2D Cad drawing of a handgun (not revolver) that they would share with me?
Pockets

JCTER

Re: Hand Gun
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 09:38:37 AM »
Does any one have a nice, 2D Cad drawing of a handgun (not revolver) that they would share with me?
Pockets

How detailed do you need it to be?

You might get a faster result by pulling up a good profile picture of one and tracing it.  Then scale it to eye-ball the right size.

JCTER

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 09:39:42 AM »

I can get you some precise measurements of that one if need be.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 09:42:36 AM »
I think I would go the trace route but depends on what you want.
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

JCTER

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 09:48:47 AM »
I think I would go the trace route but depends on what you want.

It's sad that I'm such a gun nut that I saw that image you posted and thought "hey, they got the trigger wrong.."

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 10:21:21 AM »
I'll bite, what's wrong with the trigger?  (asking because I don't know) 8-)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 10:46:43 AM by CAB »

Bob Wahr

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 10:43:36 AM »
The profile is a bit off, I don't think  it's quite long enough, and glock triggers are double action so it should have a piece sticking out of it.

JCTER

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 11:03:06 AM »
The profile is a bit off, I don't think  it's quite long enough, and glock triggers are double action so it should have a piece sticking out of it.

It has the two pieces drawn, but the slimmer trigger-safety sticks out from the middle, whereas it shows it sort of backwards.  The slimmer trigger safety (shown at left) should be concealed by the actual trigger (shown partially concealed at right)

POCKETS

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 11:33:42 AM »
I would like to have as much detail as possible. As, for tracing I'm afraid that won't work.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 11:58:53 AM »
Thanks James, I should have recognized that.
I've owned several revolvers over the years but this year bought my first auto. KelTec pf9
It has good and bad opinion's but the price was right for me.

JCTER

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 12:09:48 PM »
Thanks James, I should have recognized that.
I've owned several revolvers over the years but this year bought my first auto. KelTec pf9
It has good and bad opinion's but the price was right for me.

My dad has a KelTec p11, which is a subcompact 9mm.  He likes it, and like you say, the price is right.  It's made in America 100% (Florida company) and though there are some gripes about them, I think it is mainly by people who just won't like anything that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  I shot my dad's gun a few times and found it to be pretty reliable, so long as you don't limp wrist it while shooting.  That can cause the slide to not fully compress the recoil spring and not go far enough back to catch the next round, causing a failure to feed, or possibly a failure to eject the spent casing.

I like KelTec, and the only thing I ever seen about them is that sometimes there may be a few parts that need a little buffing or deburring, and that was only with new-to-the-market products before they got their stuff 100% nailed down.

There are some guns out there that are as cheap as, or cheaper than, KelTec which aren't worth half the price... but KelTec, I think, is a lot of value for the economical price.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 12:39:28 PM »
Thanks for the affirmation. The first time I shot it I supported my shooting hand with the other but left my thumb in harms way.
It made a terrible gash and the slide jammed. Only time I had a failure but still under 100 rounds through the gun.
My wife carries a 5 shot Cobra and I am not happy with the quality. I will replace it first chance I get.
She prefers the revolver.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 12:45:33 PM by CAB »