Author Topic: add vertex to existing polyline  (Read 3545 times)

jcoon

• Newt
add vertex to existing polyline
« on: September 17, 2010, 09:38:45 AM »

I can't seem to find any samples that describe how to add vertices's to an existing polyine like in the add vertices's under land desktop terrain. I'm looking to offset the existing polyline 2 feet (both sides) then some how draw 12 -9 foot ploylines with a 3 foot space between each stripe. see pdf

I can generate the code to draw the centerline polyline, but I can't figure how to add vertices's to the existing polyline along it's existing path to locate the spacing. 

I'm basically trying to reproduce a combination of the measure / divide commands.

I'd also look at a way to draw perpenticular lines along the existing polyline at given distance much like the land desktop alignment command where it inserts tick marks if I can't do the vertices 

any help is welcome

John Coon

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Re: add vertex to existing polyline
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 09:54:10 AM »
Hi John! Welcome to the Swamp!

Still going with VBA, huh? If so, you will need to get the VLAX & CURVE cls files that Frank Oquendo put together years ago. This allows you to obtain points at distance along the pline. I'll see if I can find an example in my archives.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 10:30:34 AM »
Attached is some VBA code that should help with your quest.

jcoon

• Newt
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 10:44:42 AM »
Jeff,

back....yes,  my kids are off to college! I'm free ....

With my new free time i'm getting back into playing around with some samples. hopefully I can make the dot net more after a bit more reading.
I watched Jerry Winter's Dot net as easy as vba at few days ago and that gave me the push to try dot net again.

Thanks

John