Author Topic: Standard Fasteners for Inventor?  (Read 8328 times)

Darryl

Standard Fasteners for Inventor?
« on: December 21, 2004, 03:17:58 PM »
Are there any Inventor users out there?  I've started using Inventor Series 9 (learning on my own) after being trained on MDT.  With MDT there are standard fasteners, slots, etc. that are available, but I haven't been able to find them in Inventor.  I thought maybe there would be a library of these standard parts.  Am I overlooking them or do I have to create my own (or convert the MDT ones)?  Thanks for your help!

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 01:07:05 PM »
I finally found them - they're in the library.

Looks like there aren't any other Inventor users out there. :(

Darryl

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 01:10:28 PM »
That last post was me - Darryl.  They changed our PCs over to a new file server over the weekend, and I didn't notice that I wasn't logged in as I normally am automatically.

redcow

Re: Standard Fasteners for Inventor?
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 06:46:56 AM »
Darryl check out ThomasNet.com for a library of 3D and 2D parts for your Inventor Series..they recently sent me a free CD library of 7 Cd's containing millions of manufacturing parts and fasteners of all kinds (of course it was free) these parts can be imported to many other programs as well such as ProE Solidedge, Solidworks,Autocad  MDT with connection to the manufacturers as well, I am impressed with it and is well used at my work place.  I hope this helps you  expand your library.