Author Topic: Reset ACAD variables  (Read 2238 times)

Pither Rukka

Reset ACAD variables
« on: September 03, 2010, 11:54:37 PM »
Hi all,
Have you lisp routine for reset all variables setting to normal settings or suit to standard setting by AutoCAD.

Regards,
PR

<edit: modified thread title>
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 09:06:17 AM by CAB »

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Re: Reset variables
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 01:11:01 AM »
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: Reset variables
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 01:45:10 AM »
Another way is to configure one (or several) drawings exactly the way you want them, then save them somewhere safe.

Then load ...\support\acadinfo.lsp.
Run the routine ACADINFO and Save the output  file (named to suit your requirements) with a .LSP extension
Edit the file to fine tune the settings (deleting the commented lines if you want)

Loading the particular .LSP file to suit your requirements into AutoCAD when you want to restore the settings to match your configuration file.

You may need to re-run a specific configuration file to set dynamic items that depend on things like DIMSCALE, LTSCALE LIMITS etc, etc

Personally I can't imagine that a configuration that suits me would suit you, or one that suits you would suit the man next door .... so there will always be a bit or PERSONAL adjustment required, sometimes even the requirements between projects in an office may be different.

... SO the main thing is to build a system that is easily understood and easily modified.

Hope that helps.
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Pither Rukka

Re: Reset ACAD variables
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 11:02:19 PM »
Thank you....I'll try  :lol:

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Reset ACAD variables
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 11:51:14 PM »
Hi all,
Have you lisp routine for reset all variables setting to normal settings or suit to standard setting by AutoCAD.

Regards,
PR

<edit: modified thread title>

One can always save a particular Profile, and call this standard Profile through use a start up switch.
And the user can always then save and call their own profile with another shortcut.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/