Author Topic: corridor boundary  (Read 5769 times)

drizzt

corridor boundary
« on: August 13, 2010, 01:50:12 PM »
Ok, I created a corridor, but some of the slopes couldn't daylight because a lack of survey data. I need to add a boundary to the corridor using a polyline. I tried to explode the corridor and just use the outer daylight boundary, but it exploded into lines. If I could turn those lines into polylines and then join them, that would be great, but the puter won't let me. Is there a way to do this I am not thinking of.

Oh yeah, by the way, I also have some manually created 3d poly's i need to be able to join to the above.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: corridor boundary
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 01:52:22 PM »
Ok, I created a corridor, but some of the slopes couldn't daylight because a lack of survey data. I need to add a boundary to the corridor using a polyline. I tried to explode the corridor and just use the outer daylight boundary, but it exploded into lines. If I could turn those lines into polylines and then join them, that would be great, but the puter won't let me. Is there a way to do this I am not thinking of.

Oh yeah, by the way, I also have some manually created 3d poly's i need to be able to join to the above.
STOP right NOW don't do THAT!
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

drizzt

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 01:53:05 PM »
ok

drizzt

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 01:53:28 PM »
I was attempting this in a temporary drawing.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 01:59:36 PM »

In those areas where there is not enough survey data it is suggest that you do the following...
Import the google earth surface for your site into that file...set some points on it...include those points into the surface model (careful to place them in a GoogleEarth Points group so you know where they came from).
Rebuild the corridor- Have a Nice Day  (and at some point go get the survey data)

OR
Create a feature line, right near the edge of the EG surface, and let it get elevations from EG, move it off of the surface, add it into the surface.
Rebuild the corridor- Have a Nice Day  (and at some point go get the survey data)

OR

Edit the corridor region whereing in slopes OFF the surface, asign input value overirides to make the slopes steeper and catch the surface you do have.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

drizzt

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 02:02:11 PM »
planning on it.

I also wanted to get the edge of road and ditch cl off of the corridor. I don't have to leave on all the construction lines for the corridor, just edge of road and ditch. Is there a way to extract those feature lines?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 02:07:15 PM »
that is controlled by the Code set being applied to the corridor....

the WRONG way would be to extract those feature lines from the corridor, and then assign a NO Display code set to the corridor so that you do not see it any longer, and or turn OFF the corridor layers
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

drizzt

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 02:16:41 PM »
soooo how do I do it the right way?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 02:20:30 PM »
soooo how do I do it the right way?
Code set Style being applied to the corridor/assembly

bad link removed...explore DOESN'T update from online help....dang it...

search for

Using Codes and Code Set Styles
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 02:31:12 PM by Anti Quark »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

drizzt

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 02:26:29 PM »
ok, i will look it up in the documentation. but your code set link goes to points...

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 02:33:36 PM »
ok, i will look it up in the documentation. but your code set link goes to points...
the easy way...for now...however in the near future you will need to master code sets....

Extract the feature lines from the corridor you desire, place on desired layer
Turn OFF corridor layers (assuming you have set the corridor to create it's own unique layer names)

and you'll know better soon enough   ;-)
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 02:37:35 PM »
Codes Tab (Corridor Section Properties Dialog Box)

Use this tab to display codes and code set style information of the selected corridor section object.

NoteThe codes displayed in this tab are as collected from the current corridor section’s subassemblies. The Description, Style, and Label Style are as assigned through the associated code set style. To change the display or label styles for any of the codes, edit the object style associated with the current corridor section in the Information tab.
Use code set styles to control the visual appearance of a set of codes (link, point, and shape codes) associated with a current corridor section.

Name
Displays an expandable tree with a collection for each type of code: Link, Point, and Shape. Expand the collections to display the individual codes.

Description
Displays the description of each code.

Style
Displays the style assigned to each code.

Label Style
Displays the label style assigned to each code or <none> if no label style is assigned.

Render Material
Displays the render material assigned to each code or <none> if no render material is assigned.

Material Area Fill Style
Displays the Material Area Fill style assigned to each code or <none> if no fill style is assigned.

Pay Item
Displays the ID of any pay item attached to any Link or Point.

Please send us your comment about this page
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

drizzt

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 02:38:36 PM »
thanks I will give it a shot.

drizzt

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 02:40:05 PM »
I have added feature lines to the corridor for misc puroposes. I need a boundary to include these also. Is there a way for me to take the outside linework of the corridor, plus the added feature lines?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 02:40:39 PM »
thanks I will give it a shot.

you finish NOW!  

you be here four hours!

:lmao:
Be your Best

Michael Farrell