Author Topic: yup another text question  (Read 1818 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
yup another text question
« on: December 16, 2004, 09:09:46 AM »
I am trying to create a dwt file with all my legend and notes etc. but the notes and legends i bring into the dwt are on different styles etc. I am using the FIlter command from the Prop Box... when i go to filter out some of the style names. It selects 0 of them, and i can not purge them.

any ideas?
Civil3D 2020

jwisherd

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 12:12:20 PM »
You can not purge objects that are refernced in the drawing. Which means if a layer or text style is used in a block it can not be purged, if a layer is locked, or forzen in a viewport, it is refernced, and cannot be purged. If an object in the drawing is on any of the layers (in a block or not) it can not be purged because it is refernced.

Make sure all of your notes and symbols are on the correct layers, and there are no nested layers in any blocks. Also check to see if any of the layers are frozen, or locked, or forzen in a view port. Also make sure your text styles are the ones you want to use, and not refernced in any text strings to purge out misc. text styles.

CADaver

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 12:17:32 PM »
The style may be contained in blocks so the filter command won't find them nested.  I usually just change the font of that style to something big and bold to see where it may be used.  Worst to worst, move another style to that one purge the first, then rename the remaining..