Author Topic: Rev clouds who's responsibility  (Read 5424 times)

jwisherd

Rev clouds who's responsibility
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2004, 11:04:54 AM »
Does the engineer draw on cad? I beleive that it is the responsibility of the one who modified the cad file to place the rev. cloud around the area of change, if it is on a set issued after the construction set. Does the engineer tell the draftsman what layer to draw objects on, or is it a given?

Our office is a bit differnt, we are all designers, we design, draft and redline, and do a bit of light engineering, then our 2 architects review, and comment or stamp.  We send it out of office to be engineered, if it's not straight foward.

PDJ

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2004, 12:36:02 PM »
Umm, I don't have anything to add, it just makes me giggle when I see that word "draughtsman"..

dubb

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2004, 12:46:24 PM »
let me just say that, the engineer redlines and coorindates the changers per client or per plancheck. it is up to the drafter to put the revisions on. but, how will the drafter know if there needs to be a cloud and revision symbols on the drawing without it being represented by redlines.

there has to be communication. if the engineer says to put revision cloulds and delta symbols then its the drafters fault for missing that.