Author Topic: Sledgehammer  (Read 1849 times)

pkohut

Sledgehammer
« on: July 19, 2010, 09:26:26 AM »
Moderator move this post if the spot to post.

From the OpenDCL website/forum there is a reference to "Autocad Mac beta". Google search turns up Sledgehammer. Interesting code name.

gile

• Gator
  • Marseille, France
Re: Sledgehammer
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 11:23:04 AM »
AutoCAD Mac should interest more than one, but what about suported programmation languages ?

For (old) AutoLISP and ObjectARX certainly can be provided as they're under Autodesk control, but COM/ActiveX and .NET API's are Microsoft properties...
Speaking English as a French Frog

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 12:03:28 PM »
There is Open source alternatives for stuff like .NET.
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

pkohut

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 02:01:17 PM »
No clue on supported languages. If the UI is written in Objective C/C++ then that is going to open up some interesting possibilities, what with the language supporting Categories.

http://www.fscript.org/
"Interactive introspection, manipulation and scripting of Cocoa objects."

If Objective C/C++ went deeper, say down to AcRxObject is derived from Object or NSObject, then the runtime extensions that would be capable is mind boggling.

I know Apple tried to put the kibosh on one element of that feature in OS X 10.6, but I think injection is still easily done.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 02:04:45 PM by pkohut »

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 02:20:05 PM »
I would imagine that Autodesk would have to re-write a ton of code if a port were in the mix so anything could be possible but do you honestly think that they will put the standard five minutes of thought into anything they jump into before they jump into it?

*Thought* OMG, i want to be on those news groups when some of those Autodesk developers start asking questions to those old Unix developers.
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

LE3

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 12:26:44 PM »
Just read about this... will support lisp and arx, com and all the interop is not available yet... but will be, arx can be ported with no problem.