Author Topic: Building System or Navis Issue...  (Read 3628 times)

pmvliet

Building System or Navis Issue...
« on: July 14, 2010, 11:33:44 AM »
I am working in Building systems (2007) running pipe. I am also using Navisworks Simulate (2011).

The issue that I'm having is I was working on some pipe yesterday and all of a sudden, it shows up in Navis as just plain lines. I lost all 3D visualization. This is hit and miss and part of the pipe appears correctly. I add a "tee", reducer and then those newly added parts are lines. The pipe I added these entities too, still appears correctly.

I've redrawn it twice already and at some point of adding parts, the visual display changes :(

Anyone run into this issue? It kind of concerns me a little as I've got an entire mechanical room drawn up and I'd hate for all that to turn to just plain linework.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pieter

Davie J

• Mosquito
Re: Building System or Navis Issue...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 09:28:42 AM »
I hit that very same wall last week.
It's a bug in navisworks. Autodesk are aware of it but have no timescale for a fix.
Between trying to fix the problem and then looking for a reason for it happening I spent a good few hours on a complete waste of time.
I hadn't come across it before because I didn't usually put flanges on for renders/flythroughs of plantrooms.

When I started a render on Friday evening using MEP 2011. I had a Heidi module load error waiting on me. Nothing rendered.

bugsbugsbugs are all I seem to be finding the last few days.  :x
I say we take off and nuke the map from orbit :)