Author Topic: Bricsys DEV conference 2010.  (Read 11195 times)

pkohut

Re: Bricsys DEV conference 2010.
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 12:37:20 AM »
just sit back and rack in the cash   :kewl:

Sound way to good.... (been there, done that... in other time)  :-)

Agree with Luis.

I hope you and everyone else rakes in boatloads of cash Daniel.

(warning: freaking rant below, not to be taken personally)
Reality is, there will be a few winners, a few that place, and a boatload of losers. The odds of being in the winners circle are far to great for me to even consider coding for that platform. Hell, I don't even like the odds with Autocad, but I'm not trying to sell in that market either.

(going over the edge now, still don't take personally)
Do you have a business prospectus yet? If you have, I can tell you that it is probably way, way, way, way, off. Multiply the bottom line with a dose of reality, 0.001 to 0.0001 is a good kick in the teeth. Now are you making a living or making a hobby?

(ok, reel it back in now)
Either way, best to you.
Sincerely.

It's Alive!

• BricsCAD
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 01:54:58 AM »
Surprising Paul, I thought you were the type to take on a little risk..you know what they say about people who avoid risk   :-D

pkohut

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 06:56:26 AM »
Surprising Paul, I thought you were the type to take on a little risk..you know what they say about people who avoid risk   :-D

Still taking risks, just looking for bigger markets to expend time, energy, and money into. For me, putting that energy into the cad market hasn't been worth it for a long while.

It's Alive!

• BricsCAD
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 07:55:45 AM »

Still taking risks, just looking for bigger markets to expend time, energy, and money into. For me, putting that energy into the cad market hasn't been worth it for a long while.

I understand and I know that with exceptional talent like yours, you can choose any market you like.

owenwengerd

• Bull Frog
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 08:07:55 AM »
Daniel, it was a pleasure meeting you in Belgium. Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you at the airport, but I have to confess, the look on your face was priceless. :)

LE3

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 10:42:15 AM »
In my case, and per my past experiences, I prefer to take a fix amount or sometimes, a little more every two weeks, or at the end of the month, for sure, and leave the risk to the ones I now write code for - The risk I take now is to find clients and keep them, that way I can have a job.

Now that I'm in my early fifties, the risk I want to take is to learn better C++ and not spend so much in AutoCAD developing, there are better opportunities in other sectors, and the pay is better.

My 2 pesos - That nowadays worth almost nothing.... (and something totally different: in 1972 with a US quarter I could pay for four bus tickets, or buy me a sandwich, a soda, and a chocolate)

:)

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 02:12:45 PM »
What do you get when you put a hundred C++ coders in a Salvador Dali museum, with truck loads of free beer?

The CAD equivalents of Unix and LSD?   :-D
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

owenwengerd

• Bull Frog
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 02:23:19 PM »
What do you get when you put a hundred C++ coders in a Salvador Dali museum, with truck loads of free beer?

Or this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=tsmMwMfo95o

LE3

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 04:24:15 PM »
And Owen, if you can break the NDA and since Daniel did not say ... Have you seen TT in person? :)

Or this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=tsmMwMfo95o

owenwengerd

• Bull Frog
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2010, 11:46:45 PM »
And Owen, if you can break the NDA and since Daniel did not say ... Have you seen TT in person? :)

Nope, but I know several people who have met him in person. There's a guy who's legend is larger than life, but I guess he's a pretty large guy as well.

It's Alive!

• BricsCAD
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2010, 07:31:44 PM »
Daniel, it was a pleasure meeting you in Belgium. Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you at the airport, but I have to confess, the look on your face was priceless. :)

Owen, the pleasure was all mine.  :-)  BTY I found where to get a mean Ribeye + loaded potato, so next year we can get a good meal.  :laugh:

It's Alive!

• BricsCAD
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2010, 07:36:43 PM »
mean not as in average, but as in awesome   :-D

ahlzl

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 03:24:02 AM »

This is Daniel?

It's Alive!