Author Topic: BricsCAD and V2010 file support  (Read 3121 times)

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
BricsCAD and V2010 file support
« on: June 08, 2010, 08:21:09 AM »
Good news for BricsCAD users, BricsCAD seems to support AutoCAD 2010 files :-)

I assume all new object types will be converted into unnamed blocks. Let's see...
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
Re: BricsCAD and V2010 file support
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 05:54:10 AM »
Did you try it?

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 06:34:24 AM »
Yes.

All objects like dynamic blocks, multileaders, etc are shown as proxy objects (unnamed blocks). Constraints are ignored, objects can be moved or edited.
When opening the drawing in AutoCAD again, all objects are the same as they were, so a dynamic block is dynamic again, even Civil3D surfaces are surfaces again. After a regeneration the constraints are applied as well so an edit on lines in BricsCAD is corrected in AutoCAD.

Only a weird thing: if I save a drawing in AutoCAD in v2010 format, it will be (for example) 1MB in size. I save the same drawing in BricsCAD in v2010 format, then it is 750KB. when I save the same drawing in AutoCAD again, it is around 1MB again. I really wonder why AutoCAD needs more space for the same stuff.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 07:38:42 AM »
The 250k is for the trusted .dwg mark  :lol:

I know dynamic blocks are in the works, I'm not sure about multileaders.
FYI, some of the objects that are "in progress" are exposed through the APIs.

Dan