Author Topic: Hatch patterns in the Tool Palette  (Read 4345 times)

cparnell

Hatch patterns in the Tool Palette
« on: November 25, 2003, 08:26:14 AM »
I was over joyed when A2K4 came out. I had high expectations for the Tool Palettes. I would be able to insert my hatch patterns quickly, by not having to change tabs in the Boundry Hatch dialog box to find the hatch that I needed. I as well would not have to go back after hatching and reassign scale, line weight, and color. However when I tried to use them for inserting, I found that far too many times that the hatch patterns were not assosciative. I have played around with PICKSTYLE 0 -3, HPASSOC is set to 1. Currently I would rather use the Boundry Hatch dialog box to change scale, line weight, and color than rehatch every thing.
I read in some other forum that this is due to the fact that the Tool Palette inserts the hatches via Pick Point rather than Select Object as the Boundry Hatch dialog allow you to.
I have tried research A2K4 Help, AutoDESK Knowledge Base and have not been able to find an answer.
Has anyone experienced this problem? Has anyone found away to change the Tool Palette to Select Object?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

daron

Hatch patterns in the Tool Palette
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 08:50:15 AM »
I don't know, with hpassoc set to one, it worked for me. I didn't even know that variable existed. There is no help file on it, that I could find.