Author Topic: Where do page setups goes?  (Read 4955 times)

ML

Where do page setups goes?
« on: December 06, 2004, 05:18:27 PM »
Man! I created many page setups in our Base titlebock drawings.
When I am finished, I place the titleblocks into Model space so that I can insert them into paper space in new drawings.

The weird thing is that all works well when I insert; All of the setups are there. However, when I go back to the base drawings, the page setups are not visible.

Can anyone tell me where the heck they are stored?
Also, any known problems with importing them from other drawings?

Thank you

Mark

AfricaAD

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 08:48:25 PM »
If the Pagesetups were created in Paper Space, those will only work in Paper Space, like wise when they are created in Model Space.

ML

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 10:35:53 PM »
Yes, I know that, but when I go back to the base drawing, I can not see my page setups anymore.

So, what if I want to delete, rename or redefine them?

Mark

CADaver

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 08:49:35 AM »
Quote from: ML
Yes, I know that, but when I go back to the base drawing, I can not see my page setups anymore.

So, what if I want to delete, rename or redefine them?

Mark
Select a LAYOUT tab to make it active, then right click on the tab and select PAGESETUP.

ML

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 04:55:10 PM »
LOL

YOu miss understood me CAD
I have created many pageseups. It is when I go back to the drawings that they were initially created in, I can not see them but they are there.

So, my question was, where are they?
Where are they being stored?
Are they seperate drawings?

CADaver

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 07:21:29 PM »
LOL

YOu miss understood me CAD
I have created many pageseups. It is when I go back to the drawings that they were initially created in, I can not see them but they are there.

So, my question was, where are they?
Where are they being stored?
Are they seperate drawings?

They are in that drawing, attached to the layout tabs, as I explained.  To "see" them follow the instructions in the earlier post.  In the upper right corner of that dialog box you'l see "Page Setup Name" selecting the down arrow will display the list of saved page setups for that tab.

ML

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 09:30:07 AM »
But, that is exactly it, they are not there.
As I said when I started the post, I create my Base Title Block drawing in paper, then pagesetup etc. I then copy the title block to Model so that I can insert that base drawing into new drawings.

Could this have something to do with why my page setups are not appearing?
If I insert the base drawing into a new drawing, then the pagesetups are there but I can not seem to access them from the base drawing.

I know this sounds weird but this is what is happening.

Thanks

Mark

ML

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 07:45:27 PM »
OK, I have the solution to sucessfully creating Page Setups in a drawing that will later be inserted into Paper space.

Create your base titleblock drawing (drawing A) in paperspace, do a save as, name that drawing (drawing B) then delete "all" entities from the drawing.

Now, save that file, go back to your base drawing again (drawing A), insert (drawing B) into Model space in drawing A.

Of course you will need to have your title block (drawing A) in Model space as well in order to insert it as a block into paper space in a new drawing.

So, now you should have in your base title block drawing a title block in Model space and all of your page setps that were created, saved out and inserted back into model as well.

When you insert this into paper space in a new drawing, all of your pagesetups and title blocks should work well.

I am still testing it but it looked real good with my first try

ML

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 07:48:36 PM »
Missed one thing above in paragraph two:

Before you do your save as, you will also need to first create your page setups in paper space.

Mark

CADaver

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2004, 09:41:58 PM »
But, that is exactly it, they are not there.
As I said when I started the post, I create my Base Title Block drawing in paper, then pagesetup etc.
the page setups are saved in that layout tab.

CADaver

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 09:45:36 PM »
OK, I have the solution to sucessfully creating Page Setups

All that is unecessary.  Once you've saved the pagesetups in the layout tab, they are there.  It has nothing to do with the geometry in the drawing, or it's space location.  You can save pagesetups in layouts with no geometry at all.

Have you confused AutoCAD terminology again?  Are you talking about LAYOUTS rather than PAGESETUPS?  Do you have any clue what you're talking about?

ML

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2004, 10:04:51 PM »
By my post, do I sound like someone that has no clue what I am talking about? PAGESETUPS! NOT LAYOUTS!

Do you know what I am talking about?

Have you ever tried inserting a title block form paper space into a new paper space layout? 'THAT IS THE BACKBONE OF THIS POST'
You seemed to have missed that

God dam, how many times do I need to repeat myself?

Do me a favor, don't answer my posts if you are going to insult me. I don't need you help that bad.

Kate M

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2004, 08:43:19 AM »
Can you post the drawing with the missing setups, and maybe one that has them in?

CADaver

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2004, 09:11:36 AM »
By my post, do I sound like someone that has no clue what I am talking about?
yes

Do you know what I am talking about?
I know about pagesetups and layouts.

Have you ever tried inserting a title block form paper space into a new paper space layout?
Has absolutly NOTHING to do with pagesetups.  NADA, ZIP, ZILCH, ZERO.

THAT IS THE BACKBONE OF THIS POST'
You seemed to have missed that
You can't insert paperspace elements from one file to another.  THAT HAS ABSOLUTLY NOTHING TO DO WITH PAGESETUPS.  If you just want the pagesetups, use PSETUPIN.

<deleted unecessary, unintelligent language>, how many times do I need to repeat myself?
You have to say it right ONCE before it counts as repreating.

Do me a favor, don't answer my posts if you are going to insult me. I don't need you help that bad.
After reading dozens of your posts in several threads, I stand by my previous question. No insult intended, but you're quite free to read it as such if you wish.

ML

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2004, 09:48:54 AM »
Well, let me ask you this:
Why couldn't you have just read the initial post and said, "Oh this is what he is trying to do". Mark, did you try psetupin? Then, it would have been done.

I am well aware that I can not insert elements from paper so instead I did this long work around way which I tried to describe above and "SHARE" with others, only to be insulted by you. Yes, I did take it as such.

I have been doing CAD for 8 years, I consider myself an advanced user, I am at an intermediate level in VBA.

Of course the posts you read are of questions that people "don't" know the answers to, so of course they are not going to be as articulate as you like.

Listen, I do my share of answering posts as well, but unlike you, I don't try to come off as this all knowing CAD God.

You should really bring yourself down a few notches and realize that not everyone is as good as you.

Also, the other thing I don't like with posting is that you need to post 50 times to get to a simple answer.

That is enough of my time wasted.

Thank you for the help.