Author Topic: reinvent the wheel  (Read 7607 times)

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: reinvent the wheel
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2010, 12:45:23 PM »
Glenn, I am studying your code from the plugin, and it looks like you are writing the XRecords in the current dwg db, is that right?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 01:07:56 PM by CmdrDuh »
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Glenn R

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2010, 01:46:01 PM »
Duh,

There's no other place to write them to really, or did you mean that I'm writing them to drawing objects and NOT the land of NOD?

If so, then yes, in XrefStates I wrote them to each blockTableRecord that was an xref. That way, AutoCAD handles the redundancy for me eg. when an xref is detached, the BTR is no longer there, so I don't have to update a master list somewhere else and possibly run the risk of having it get out of sync.

Make sense?

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2010, 01:50:01 PM »
makes sense, and I think you answered my question.  I need to figure out another way to store the number
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2010, 01:54:56 PM »
For drawing-level data, I create an application-specific dictionary under the NOD.  If necessary, I add another layer or two of dictionaries under that, just to keep the XRECORDS organized.  Object-specific data works the same way, with the application-specific dictionary located under the objects extension dictionary.  This way I don't accidentally hose another applications data, reduces the chance of others buggering with mine, and it keeps my own data organized.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2010, 12:30:59 PM »
I was thinking that either I will have to use an attribute to store the width factor, or figure out some other way.