Author Topic: Extend a closed polygon  (Read 2932 times)

jitupnair

Extend a closed polygon
« on: April 29, 2010, 05:03:13 AM »
Hi,
I am new to this site.
I was looking for an lisp program which can EXTEND a closed polygon to any given object.
I will be always thankfull If some one can help me .

Thanks & regards

Jithesh P. Nair

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: Extend a closed polygon
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 05:33:15 AM »
Welcome to TheSwamp :)

You may need to explain your requirements in a little more more detail.

kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

jitupnair

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 06:05:58 AM »
Welcome to TheSwamp :)

You may need to explain your requirements in a little more more detail.

Hi Kerry,

Now I am working in Urban planning project in UAE. In our masterplan (its a huge project) I have to show service reservation corridor and each service utility in closed polygons. Its a requirement to make it closed polygons becouse we will transfer this data to GIS later.

Now I have more than 17000 closed polygons in my drawing. Like that I have many drawings.

Now I have to extend some polygons to overlap with the other polygon (Ie in a junction I have to extend and connect a Main sewer line to the opposite side road side sewer line).

If I will do it manually it takes time. Still I tried to stretch, but if the end of the polygon is with a curve segment it will change the radius and other properties of that polygon. Only option there is extend.

I hope now you got the Idea.  Also attached a small portion of the project (partial utility).

Thanks & regards

Jithesh P. Nair

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 01:35:14 PM »
2011 will make this easier, but not quite what you are looking for. I don't know of anything that can do this at the moment, but I am sure one of the people here who are far more knowledgeable than I may have something.