Author Topic: Ribbons and Bows and Arrows  (Read 2955 times)

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Ribbons and Bows and Arrows
« on: April 01, 2010, 10:29:20 PM »
I've come across a little glitch that I can't seem to find an answer for. Adding Ribbon content to an existing Ribbon at runtime is something which can be quite handy. Adding all the bells, whistles, and bows is fun stuff, too. When I figured out how to add that little button in the lower right corner of a Panel, ala the Dimension Panel in Autocad, I was ecxtatic. I have it loading up a palette and all is well with theRibbons & bows....except that blasted little arrow which is displayed in all of the stock Tabs refuses to show itself in MY little button (said little button aka DialogLauncher).

I'm attaching a small sample C# project which shows this. If you just want to NETLOAD the DLL without checking the code, the command name is TESTMYRIBBON, This will just add a new Tab to the end of the current ribbon. Selecting that tab will show one Panel, with one button. Move the mouse to the lower right side of the panel and the DilaogLauncher button will highlight with the name of the "command" displayed, but that stupid little arrow is no where to be found. Once you switch workspaces or restart Autocad the ribbon will be back to as it was before running this sample.

So, does anyone have any idea who stole that arrow, or how to get it to display? Using the Image property on the Launcher does nothing for this, as that Image is for use when the user wishes to place the item in the QuickAccessToolbar. I've searched until Google turned into Topeka, then back again and I'm not sure where else to look. Any Swampers have any clues for me?

Thanks for looking!
Oh, this is 2010, btw.
Edit: added some detail and exchanged the zip for a slightly modified one.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 12:17:50 PM by Jeff_M »

LE3

Re: Ribbons and Bows and Arrows
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 11:36:24 PM »
Jeff,

no idea if this file i have could help you but in case you want to give it a try, send me a pm with an email address where I can send you the file.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 11:04:27 AM »
For anyone else that stumbles across this.....

The docs say that the DialogLauncher needs a RibbonCommanItem, but it it turns out that using a RibbonButton allows the little arrow to display.

LE3

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 11:07:38 AM »
For anyone else that stumbles across this.....

The docs say that the DialogLauncher needs a RibbonCommanItem, but it it turns out that using a RibbonButton allows the little arrow to display.

well, something normal or usual :)

good to know, the mystery!