Author Topic: Software to allow Lisps in LT?  (Read 18187 times)

M-dub

Re: Software to allow Lisps in LT?
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2010, 11:54:09 AM »
Yep, sometimes, you need that "secret weapon".

Just remind them that "You get what you pay for"... or not.

craigr

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2010, 11:57:53 AM »
Throughout the years, you folks have gracously given me & also helped me figure out a few ways to get it to go just a little faster. (And even off road a couple of times).

So, I keep asking and offering my few tips to get it to go just a little faster.

Dinosaur

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2010, 12:13:57 PM »
One large problem with BrisCAD or any other CAD prgs, is that we have outside Engineers that put it right in the Construction Spec that our dwgs must be AutoCAD Rev ###.

Even though other CAD prgs write to a .dwg file, I am concerned about them meeting Spec.

But then again, I wonder if we bought just ONE version of LT and saved the BrisCAD files with AutoCAD software. Would this erase all traces of the 'BrisCAD'?

But, I feel pretty confident that we will never deviate from AutoDesk.

craigr
I would try this ... is a free trial download.  Get a copy and install it.  Then save one copy of any drawing you would normally send them and a second copy of the same drawing opened and saved in Bricscad.  Ask them if they can find any difference between the two files and if either would be acceptable per the terms of contract.  The only difference I can think of would be an opening message on the Bricscad file advising that it was last saved by a non-genuine Autodesk product and if that is a deal killer the Bricscad file can be opened and saved in AutoCAD and I believe the message goes away.

Tuoni

• Gator
  • I do stuff, and things!
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2010, 05:00:28 AM »
yeah....and a furious discussion about whether said application is/was a violation of the EULA, etc, etc....will surely follow
Disassembly and reverse engineering of software in order to create addons is STILL a legally protected right in Europe :angel:

craigr

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2010, 08:00:05 AM »
Disassemble!!! No Dissasemble!!!! (Fleeing)

Tuoni

• Gator
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2010, 05:13:22 PM »
Disassemble!!! No Dissasemble!!!! (Fleeing)
Number 5... ALIVE...

craigr

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2010, 05:13:57 PM »
VERY Good!!

I didn't think anyone would get that.

Tuoni

• Gator
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2010, 05:16:49 PM »
VERY Good!!

I didn't think anyone would get that.
:)  Be gooooodddddd....

NO DISASSEMBLE!!!

In all seriousness, my Mum has always referred to me as Johnny 5...  "Need input..." :)