Author Topic: simple wall question  (Read 5579 times)

ryandk

simple wall question
« on: November 29, 2004, 01:58:32 PM »
In adt 3, you select the wall style then click where you want to start the wall, then the end point.  It prompts you to enter the next point and the next point and so on.  However, when I'm all done drawing the walls, I can pick a section and it alone is highlighted.  Is there a way that I can make them one wall object, as in both parts of the "L" would be selected even if I only clicked on the horizontal segment?  I ask because I have a column situated at the inside corner of the L and I wanted to make a modifier that would cause the studing and drywall to be diverted around the column as an enclosure.  I have no problem making this sort of wall modifier if the column were in the middle of the wall segment but it doesn't want to work with/join/or merge in any form with the other segment.

Ryan

BAshworth

Re: simple wall question
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 03:12:41 AM »
In adt 3, you select the wall style then click where you want to start the wall, then the end point.  It prompts you to enter the next point and the next point and so on.  However, when I'm all done drawing the walls, I can pick a section and it alone is highlighted.  Is there a way that I can make them one wall object, as in both parts of the "L" would be selected even if I only clicked on the horizontal segment?  I ask because I have a column situated at the inside corner of the L and I wanted to make a modifier that would cause the studing and drywall to be diverted around the column as an enclosure.  I have no problem making this sort of wall modifier if the column were in the middle of the wall segment but it doesn't want to work with/join/or merge in any form with the other segment.

Ryan

Know this is an old one, but I'm an insomniac, and it piqued my interest, so watch out for two cents flying at ya.

There is no "polyline" equivelant when working with walls.  What you can do is to create your column as a structural member style, insert it in the location it needs to be, break the walls on either side of the column, and create a new wall style consisting only of the framing and drywall that could be drawn around the column to represent the continuation of the framed wall.

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 09:21:01 AM »
Love the new Av!  :-D

BAshworth

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 10:34:43 AM »
Love the new Av!  :-D

Only because I can't find that Willy Wonka one again... and I've tried.