Author Topic: [AutoCAD] Changing UCS automatically sets view to that XY plane.  (Read 10252 times)

JCTER

And this is undesired.

It is as if running the UCS command to alter the UCS automatically results in the firing of the "PLAN" command to make my screen view the drawing on the XY plane.

Before, my normal behavior was to change the UCS, and then, -if desired-, enter PLAN;Current; to set my view to that new XY plane.

However, now it's doing that automatically, and I sincerely do not want it to 9 times out of 10.  I'm viewing my model in a generally isometric orientation, and when changing the UCS via command line, it automatically sets it to a plan view... so I have to switch back.

I cannot find what is causing this in help or Google.  Any help?

Kate M

Re: [AutoCAD] Changing UCS automatically sets view to that XY plane.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 03:51:33 PM »
UCSFOLLOW.

(Should have been fairly accessible from either the index, if you knew to look for UCS-related things, or by searching "ucs plan" -- can I ask what your search strings were? Improving the Help system is definitely an interest of mine, although not in my job description...:))

JCTER

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 03:58:16 PM »
UCSFOLLOW.

(Should have been fairly accessible from either the index, if you knew to look for UCS-related things, or by searching "ucs plan" -- can I ask what your search strings were? Improving the Help system is definitely an interest of mine, although not in my job description...:))

I found UCSFOLLOW very easily as that was the first thing that popped in my head.  I actually searched how 'ucsfollow' worked, before searching for a generic phrase to get a range of results.  I guess I misinterpreted what the UCSFOLLOW variable does.  I thought it only applied to viewports and not 'model' in general or something.

I often forget that, technically, 'model space' is a viewport.  I would probably remember this more if I was one of the types of people that uses more than one view in model space, but I never do.

Thanks, Kate, I changed it and that actually did it.  It appears that somehow it got changed by something.  That's one of those 'set it and forget it' things, for me.   Or maybe they changed the default setting for the 2010 install, and I only just ran into it since reinstalling it without using the migration utility.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 05:21:51 PM »
what was/is your setting for Dynamic UCS?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

JCTER

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 05:22:14 PM »
what was/is your setting for Dynamic UCS?

I keep DUCS off.  I hate DUCS.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 05:27:25 PM »
ducs has the effect of simulating turning UCSFOLLOW ON
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

JCTER

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 05:39:13 PM »

I thought it just changed your UCS as you hovered over objects.  My situation was actually that it would change the view to the new UCS, not the USC to an object face.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 05:56:40 PM »

I thought it just changed your UCS as you hovered over objects.  My situation was actually that it would change the view to the new UCS, not the USC to an object face.

well you're clamped on the rail for this one then.... 8-)
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

JCTER

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 06:05:32 PM »
Not sure what you mean by that.  Kate had the solution, anyways, the problem's solved.  The problem was me reading too fast and not "getting it" when I found the solution in the help file.

Kate M

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 01:30:24 PM »
I'm just glad you were able to find it in the Help file...there are too many things like PICKADD which don't have good findability.