Author Topic: C3D Profile data in Plan  (Read 1924 times)

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
C3D Profile data in Plan
« on: February 14, 2010, 12:20:41 PM »
James Maeding made a comment in a post elsewhere on theSwamp that struck me as odd, coming from someone who uses, & oversees the use of, Civil3D. I made a comment in that thread, and pointed to this group for any followups, this is that followup. First, what he said:
I'm surprised Autodesk does not have things to do this better, its very common for users to need numbers for elevation, since that is what is cumbersome to manage.  For instance, why does Civil3D not show profile PVI's in plan view?  Its the first thing I did for my LISP tools, even before stationing or BC/EC labels.
I must say that I DO find it helpful to have the profile data displayed in plan as I'm designing. What I also found very early on in my use of Civil3D was that I could get that data labeled for me automatically, once I setup the label styles & sets, and told the labels which profile to use. Attached is a quick screen shot showing this. I'm posting this here in case anyone else has missed this useful tidbit, since I figure if James could miss it, so could others.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Re: C3D Profile data in Plan
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 12:26:28 PM »
And the settings to do so......

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: C3D Profile data in Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 12:43:03 PM »
thanks for that Jeff, I was wondering if that comment in the code section was an oversight one James' part or what.

and this function works for better than the old reference text methods
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/