Author Topic: Windows 7 and LT 2004  (Read 4660 times)

Dinosaur

Windows 7 and LT 2004
« on: February 09, 2010, 12:41:22 PM »
Has anyone tried LT 2004 with Windows 7.  Looks like we are taking delivery of some new machines so equipped and it will be up to me to get our LT playing nicely with it.

Dinosaur

Re: Windows 7 and LT 2004
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 01:20:59 PM »
No answers, eh?
Well 4 new windows 7 boxes with core2 quads, 4 gigs and Raptor drives just came through the door so I will find out soon enough.

Kate M

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 01:38:28 PM »
You got money for that, you got money for new software too. :wink: (Seriously, there's some really good deals out there right now...amazon)

Short answer, it's not supported, but some people have had luck with the XP Compatibility mode. No guarantees, though.

Dinosaur

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 02:11:09 PM »
Thanks Kate, I thought we might have to do compatibility mode.  The thing about the software is that we don't really need it ... except to convert dxf output into an AutoCAD drawing for clients and archiving.  I even have a 1 button script that does most of that automatically thanks to M-Dub and Chris.

Dinosaur

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 10:25:04 AM »
It appears I won't be breaking ground on this for a while yet after all.  The Windows 7 box won't log into our network as configured and they just spent many recent hours and dollars establishing the network the wa it is.  XP is loaded on the boxes so guess who is still running on XP for now.

M-dub

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 10:31:21 AM »
I have heard that 7 has issues with networking.  We have it at home and it works great, but it's not on a network.... well, my xbox is networked to it, but that's not really a network.

Dinosaur

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 02:17:34 PM »
UPDATE -

It appears that 2004 will run on Win 7 without any issues, at least for our meager needs.  It installed without a problem and runs files the new network.  The only thing I had to do was figure out the new locations Win put the support files.  Luckily there were no hard coded paths in the files.  The old dog runs bettter than on our old P4s too, but I am sure quad core duos, 4 GB memory and 10k rpm drives help a little.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 04:41:40 PM »
Personally I love Windows 7, manages memory better for sure.
I'm running both 32 & 64 bit on a few machines here without any difficulties.
Yes the &UserProfile% location structure has changed dramatically.

XP:
if exist "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop" copy "\\MyServer\AutoCAD\_KTA Group\MEP\Updates\Live Meeting - Login to Live Meeting Manager.url" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Live Meeting - Login to Live Meeting Manager.url" /d

Vista/Windows 7
if exist "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" copy "\\MyServer\AutoCAD\_KTA Group\MEP\Updates\Live Meeting - Login to Live Meeting Manager.url" "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Live Meeting - Login to Live Meeting Manager.url" /d