Author Topic: Multiline attributes in Sheet Set Manager?  (Read 9497 times)

banner

Multiline attributes in Sheet Set Manager?
« on: February 05, 2010, 02:43:13 PM »
Currently, our titleblocks all use single line attributes for the title block information (project name, sheet description, date, drawn by, location, etc...)

I would like to convert the project name and sheet description portions of the titleblock info. to multiline attributes.

All is fine and dandy when I do that, except when it comes to Sheet Set Manager.  It appears that SSM doesn not recognize multiline attributes, as I cannot seem to tie multiline attribute portions of my titleblock info to SSM...is this correct?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Multiline attributes in Sheet Set Manager?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 02:54:31 PM »
chuck, I'm fair certain that FIELDS do not honor multiline text capabilities

I'll go run a couple of tests and report back  if otherwise
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 03:00:01 PM by mjfarrell »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 03:19:07 PM »
it would appear that the answer is NO, the reason for this is that the data you are wanting to place in your FIELD is a CUSTOM sheet set property, and when one defines that custom property, one is presented with a SINGLE line to enter the VALUE of that custom field into.
I'm also going to guest that one cant put any ASCII code on that line to add the line return to the field.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

tedg

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 12:20:15 PM »
(bump)
I posted this question on another forum, but then found this.
I can confirm that you can use a multi-line attribute with a custom sheet property, but doesn't work for the OOTB sheet description.

Unless I'm missing something, you can't have a multi-line attribute with the SSM Sheet Description field in it, it doesn't work.It will allow you to "insert" the field, but when you close out it goes back to the default value, no field present.I have a custom sheet property with "sheet description" that does work as expected.We have a multi-line attribute that is middle center justified, and so if the title grows to 2 or 3 lines, it wraps automatically.An attribute because we are using an existing information block in the layouts over the xreffed title blocks.Yes, we probably could change to just MTEXT and have it do the same thing (not tested), but would like to use the attributed block.Another side-effect to this problem is when I want to insert a sheet index on the cover sheet using the sheet descriptions, SSM only sees the OOTB sheet description (which isn't being used on the sheets) so we need to copy that to a second place to see it in the index and on the sheets.

So it appears that I'm not crazy and and can't use ML attributes as mentioned above?
Any more, newer information on this?
Windows 10 Pro 64bit, AutoCAD 2023, REVIT 2023