Author Topic: Xref Units  (Read 1750 times)

Brent Burgess

Xref Units
« on: January 20, 2010, 07:51:37 PM »
I have 2 drawings, one in "m" (a square of 1m sides at origin 0,0) and the other one in "mm" (a line extending from 0,0 to 1000,1000), both representing 1m.

When I overlay an xref using the xref palette, models of differing units come in and can overlay nicely.

When I overlay my models using code, the square is inserted at 0,0 - but it's length is still 1 (ie has not been "scaled up" to reflect it in mm) I have looked at the BlockUnits, but that hasn't worked. Is there anything else I can try, or people know of that work?

Thanks

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: Xref Units
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 08:13:19 AM »
I haven't come across this one yet, but I will see what I can find
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
Re: Xref Units
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 11:07:14 AM »
I would think that one would have to scale it up/down based on the drawings units ( xrefs ), and then the current drawings system variable ' insunits '.  I'm not sure how you determine a drawings units ( which I think would also be ' insunits ' ), unless you can check system variables per drawing ( database ).
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.