Author Topic: Weird C3D Stuff  (Read 5317 times)

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Weird C3D Stuff
« on: November 25, 2009, 11:09:22 AM »
Anyone care to explain this!! LOL
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Re: Weird C3D Stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 11:14:24 AM »
Ummm.... looks like you don't have HIGHLIGHT turned on??  :?
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 11:14:38 AM »
Anyone care to explain this!! LOL

Uh, what exactly are you wanting explained?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 11:19:20 AM »
I'm not sure what it is, it looks like a parcel area label but the properties say it's a parcel? There is no parcel associated with it. You can't erase it either.

sinc

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 11:25:35 AM »
You're sure you don't have a Parcel named "INSIDE CITY LIMITS" created in one of your Sites?

It looks like a Parcel area label.  And the primary area label for a Parcel cannot be deleted - you can only change its Style to a non-printing version.  To delete the Parcel, you have to delete the linework that forms the Parcel.

But I've also seen weird problems pop up when Parcels are involved, and I've seen bizarre "ghost parcels" and other weirdness in the past that are definitely related to errors in Civil 3D's programming.  You might have encountered one of those.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 11:35:01 AM »
Technically the Parcel and it's Label are one in the Same.

And as SINC pointed out one must delete all of the segments that comprise the parcel to delete it.

And if there is no linework to delete,  this would be a good time to export all information out of that file and start a new one, BEFORE the corruption spreads.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 11:48:05 AM »

But I've also seen weird problems pop up when Parcels are involved, and I've seen bizarre "ghost parcels" and other weirdness in the past that are definitely related to errors in Civil 3D's programming.  You might have encountered one of those.

Careful their SINC, you type any closer to the truth too often, and folks are going to start hating on you for it.   ;-)
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 01:36:00 PM »
You're sure you don't have a Parcel named "INSIDE CITY LIMITS" created in one of your Sites?
I've got a site called "INSIDE CITY LIMITS" with 10 parcels in it. *shrug*

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 01:38:38 PM »
And as SINC pointed out one must delete all of the segments that comprise the parcel to delete it.
But there isn't any segments associated with it, that I can see anyway.

And if there is no linework to delete,  this would be a good time to export all information out of that file and start a new one, BEFORE the corruption spreads.
Great ... just what I needed. NOT!!

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 01:45:14 PM »
Well ... LOL I did a table on all the parcels 'INSIDE' and looky what I found. Does that make sense?

jugglerbri

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 02:25:00 PM »
In Civil 3D, parcels cannot be created, edited, or deleted.  They are defined when parcel segments enclose an area.  Just like you can't edit the length of a line, you can edit the beginning point and the ending point but you can't edit the length, it is defined as the distance between the starting and ending points.  In order to edit a parcel, you must edit the parcel segments that define it.  The thing that often times causes confusion is the name "Site".  In my opinion, this is a horrible name for this concept because civil engineering professionals, when they think of the term "site" they think of the location of the project.  They go on a "site visit".  A site is technically a topology.  Everything in the site interacts with everything else in the site.  Add to that, alignments within a site act as parcel segments.  My guess is you have some alignments in your site that are enclosing an area and defining a parcel.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 02:37:57 PM »
As it turns out there is another one of these 'labels' for "OUTSIDE CITY LIMITS". I'm assuming this one label is for all the parcels within the site. *shrug*

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 02:39:29 PM »
My guess is you have some alignments in your site that are enclosing an area and defining a parcel.
I don't have any alignments within these sites.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 02:45:00 PM »
It is a Parcel Area Label.....for the Site "INSIDE CITY LIMITS". A Site is just a special Parcel which contains other parcels, alignments & featurelines. So the Properties shows it as a Parcel, but the fact that the numbering defaults are shown for the properties is a clue that it is really a Site.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 02:53:41 PM »
It is a Parcel Area Label.....for the Site "INSIDE CITY LIMITS". A Site is just a special Parcel which contains other parcels, alignments & featurelines. So the Properties shows it as a Parcel, but the fact that the numbering defaults are shown for the properties is a clue that it is really a Site.
How can I turn it off or hide it?

thanks Jeff