CAD Forums > CAD General

Paperspace base point moved?

<< < (2/5) > >>

mjfarrell:
what ever the offset information was...3" 6"....whatever....

the truth is that should one use Inked Area Limits, and have ones Page Setup properly configured there is rarely if EVER any need to add any plot offset, or 'center' plot information.....adesk added the Edge of Paper option back in because too many people were not properly trained, or just could not adapt to using inked area limits for their page setup specifications. (old dog new trick)

I found it quite laughable that they felt a need to add the Edge of Paper option back in at all... ;-)

CHulse:
Having tested this a bit - that moved it about 2 tenths in x and y...

Still no idea where the 3+" is coming from...

mjfarrell:
could be time to set up a NEW Named Page Setup....using Inked Area...NO offsets....and test again...then throw away whatever BAD one(s) are in your Template...

CHulse:

--- Quote from: mjfarrell on November 24, 2009, 01:28:55 PM ---what ever the offset information was...3" 6"....whatever....

the truth is that should one use Inked Area Limits, and have ones Page Setup properly configured there is rarely if EVER any need to add any plot offset, or 'center' plot information.....adesk added the Edge of Paper option back in because too many people were not properly trained, or just could not adapt to using inked area limits for their page setup specifications. (old dog new trick)

I found it quite laughable that they felt a need to add the Edge of Paper option back in at all... ;-)

--- End quote ---

Ok, sorry - I see we were talking about 2 different things. In Options, it's set to "Edge of Paper" as it always has been. In the page setup, no offset is applied.

Edge of Paper vs. Printable Area gives about 2 tenths difference. What I cannot acccount for is the additional 3 inches or so...

mjfarrell:
and what printer/plotter are you using (no access to 2010 today), as I've had some issues with various HP models...

again I say start over with a brand new Named Page Setup

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version