Author Topic: True Global Attrubute Edit  (Read 11219 times)

SMadsen

True Global Attrubute Edit
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2003, 01:59:02 PM »
Yup, forgot to explain in detail to copy the first part until where it says ";; dcl (save as "chatte.dcl")" and save it as a .lsp file, then copy the latter part as a .dcl file. Both files are plain ASCII files but need to be either in same directory or in a support path (preferrably both).

Also forgot to make the line above a dcl comment, so - if you saved the line with the dcl file - please delete it or change the 3 semicolons to a couple of slashes: "// dcl (save as "chatte.dcl")". Sorry about that.

cparnell

True Global Attribute Edit
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2003, 02:52:22 PM »
DParcon
You are correct; I did not read the routine through. I am not used to seeing routines that are combined. Thanks for the heads up. I did get it to work, and thanks for your work. All I have to do know is remember my TAG's are called.

By the way how would VBA work? I do understand that it is a different language. Would that routine operate differently? Is LISP better then VBA. I believe I read that LISP is becoming obsolete. Is it feasible to try and learn LISP or VBA without going to school? Does any one know of some where in Birmingham, AL USA that teaches either? The school that I learned AutoCAD from no longer teaches LISP.

Thanks DParson for your help. This will help greatly.

daron

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2003, 03:03:16 PM »
Well Charles, a good starter for lisp is the site of the person who gave you the rouinte. Look here and start with the primer. Also, take something simple yet repetitive and post a thread asking for help, not code, on how to write it.

cparnell

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2003, 03:10:26 PM »
SMadsen, my apologizes, I gave credit to the wrong person. I do thank you for your effort and willingness to help. Thanks to DParson as well and every one else who participated.

SMadsen

Re: True Global Attribute Edit
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2003, 03:15:38 PM »
Quote from: cparnell
All I have to do know is remember my TAG's are called.

That's what I meant about a skeleton. It can be modified to list all attribute tags in a drawing or to click at a specific attribute and have it grab all att's with that name.
The part that I didn't read thouroughly enough in your post was about allowing for checkmarking the attributes. That would require a little more work (depending on some things, for example, if attributes without attribute definitions should be allowed).

Quote from: cparnell
I believe I read that LISP is becoming obsolete.
Many people - including me - are spreading rumors like that and I believe that partly they are right in the sense that nothing lasts forever. It's logically impossible to imagine that AutoLISP, or Visual LISP, will survive but economically it might be a quite possible thought. Problem is that Autodesk does not give a clue about it. At each AU, a third to half of the classes are about AutoLISP. From A2K (actually r14c) it was totally renewed, but documentation has neither increased nor decreased since then. In short, it's open for all sorts of speculations by the users.

daron

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2003, 03:24:34 PM »
So, in other words, LEARN IT! It certainly isn't a waste of time.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2003, 10:34:00 PM »
"They" are saying that VB/VBA is going to die too. ...If you want to learn a programing language then i sudgest that you dont base your decision on that.

Lisp or VBA will teach you alot (I think the Lisp language teaches you more but that is just an op.) about programing in general.
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

cparnell

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2003, 05:46:04 PM »
I found a software that is a TRUE GLOBAL ATTRIBUTE EDITOR. It is located at www.codezebra.com. It is called AttLINK for $49.00. I have tried the Windows XP/A2K4 version and I love it. It is quit easy to use.