Author Topic: Attributes Tag Update from Prompt Text  (Read 8092 times)

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: Attributes Tag Update from Prompt Text
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 09:29:46 PM »

:-o

Did the person who built the original block get a slap to the side of the head for his/her tag naming ?? :)
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Xander

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 11:32:35 PM »
If only Kerry.  I am presently sitting less than 3m away, but seeing as he is the one who signs my paycheck I best not.

:-o

Did the person who built the original block get a slap to the side of the head for his/her tag naming ?? :)

Glenn R

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 05:21:02 PM »
I seem to remember an express tool (which I believe has been incorporated into core functionality) called BATTMAN...from memory it appears to do what you want...or am I mistaken?

Xander

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 06:11:45 PM »
You are not mistaken Glenn,
BATTMAN is an express tool that does what I required, however... there are several thousands (approx 10 DWGs min per project, each with 14 min layouts, for each project dated start of AutoCAD - 2009) of the DWGs which have incorrect Tag, each with the reference block actually binded to it.  I first looked at BATTMAN and using the sync function, but that didn't work to great.

I use this function to fix and uniform tags to construct filenames for PDF, with the intention of converting each area of these titleblocks (model and layouts) to PDF for archiving into a Database.

I seem to remember an express tool (which I believe has been incorporated into core functionality) called BATTMAN...from memory it appears to do what you want...or am I mistaken?

vegbruiser

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 12:05:33 PM »
You are not mistaken Glenn,
BATTMAN is an express tool that does what I required, however... there are several thousands (approx 10 DWGs min per project, each with 14 min layouts, for each project dated start of AutoCAD - 2009) of the DWGs which have incorrect Tag, each with the reference block actually binded to it.  I first looked at BATTMAN and using the sync function, but that didn't work to great.

I use this function to fix and uniform tags to construct filenames for PDF, with the intention of converting each area of these titleblocks (model and layouts) to PDF for archiving into a Database.

That's a lot of drawings with FUBAR Attributes - at least they'll now have sensibly named tags.

You really should slap the guy (or at the very least give him sugar-free tea for a week)