Author Topic: Dtext Line Spacing  (Read 4892 times)

M-dub

Dtext Line Spacing
« on: November 20, 2003, 09:23:16 AM »
'loAll!
One of you guys must know of a way to change the default space between each line of dtext.  I asked this a long time ago on Cadalog, but couldn't find the post.
I don't think I got a positive answer back then, but I know it was pre-2004.  Daron, did they make that option available in the new version?  I don't know why they wouldn't.  I like all of my text to be ON SNAP!!!  It would be nice to be able to set it ourselves!
Thanks a lot! ;)
Mike

hendie

Dtext Line Spacing
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2003, 09:36:15 AM »
tspacefac
Controls the multiline text line spacing distance measured as a factor of text height. Valid values are 0.25 to 4.0.

but I couldn't find 'owt for DTEXT

M-dub

Dtext Line Spacing
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2003, 09:40:35 AM »
Thanks Hendie,
I found that as well...Should have mentioned that in my original post.
I don't know why they wouldn't have added that functionality to dtext at the same time.  They obviously knew it was an issue or they wouldn't have enabled that with Mtext.
:roll:

hendie

Dtext Line Spacing
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2003, 09:54:06 AM »
I guess they've covered themselves with
Use the TEXT command to create line text for short entries that do not require multiple fonts, such as labels.
Use MTEXT to create long, complex, multiline entries

daron

Dtext Line Spacing
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2003, 10:11:51 AM »
I think they are pushing mtext full force and trying to do away with normal text. If you've seen 2004's mtext editor, it's cut-throat. Tab tab's, Enter enters. Have a look at the ADT forum for more mtext abilities. Look at the end of the longest thread. Yes, I'm too lazy to link you to it. Sorry I can't help much further. I happen to like mtext and avoid regular text as much as possible. Man, when are attref's going to take on mtext capability?