Author Topic: Has anyone heard of new AutoCAD release?  (Read 26197 times)

hyposmurf

Has anyone heard of new AutoCAD release?
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2005, 04:57:56 PM »
So who thinks they can predict what will be in the new 2006 version?

I know you can add coments/suggestions on Autodesk forums and they may use that for developing new releases,but do you think Autodesk surf other forums to get ideas of what the public want?Have they been here?

nivuahc

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2005, 04:58:38 PM »
Dynamic blocks

nivuahc

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2005, 04:58:58 PM »
whoop-de-friggin-doo

Andrew H

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2005, 05:02:08 PM »
Autodork was also getting lots of complaints that their subscription customers were getting the shaft cuz 1 year is runnig like 450 and if they release only ever other year, you're talking like 900 when to just buy the upgrade it's about 750.

Yeah, craigr...I don't see what's the big deal about calling it 2005 or 2006 when the actual years it's released for is 9+ months away.

hyposmurf

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2005, 05:04:51 PM »

whdjr

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2005, 05:11:23 PM »
Quote from: nivuahc
...Well it seems like Autodesk is working hard to put customers over the barrel. You'd think they would at least supply the lubricant!

This reminds me of the Add for AutoCAD 2005 that shows the AutoCAD 2005 Ointment as a relief agent.   :lol:

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2005, 05:29:22 PM »
Quote from: hyposmurf
So who thinks they can predict what will be in the new 2006 version?

Primarilly fluff they will claim makes you 44% more efficient; <cough>.

And yet r12 for would still smoke it.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

nivuahc

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2005, 05:33:46 PM »
Quote from: Andrew H
Autodork was also getting lots of complaints that their subscription customers were getting the shaft cuz 1 year is runnig like 450 and if they release only ever other year, you're talking like 900 when to just buy the upgrade it's about 750.

Yeah, craigr...I don't see what's the big deal about calling it 2005 or 2006 when the actual years it's released for is 9+ months away.

So the customers feel better if Autodesk releases a patch, slaps a new version number on it, then sticks the shaft to small businesses who don't buy in to their subscription?

We should all suffer because some customers chose to let Autodesk manage their bank accounts via the subscription? Anyone who did the basic math could have told you that it was a poor decision. The only answer that I ever got from anyone at Autodesk regarding the 'benefits' of buying the subscription?

Well that way you can budget a certain amount each year for your upgrades instead of paying some huge amount every other year

Yeah.

Sure

I may not be a mathematical genius, but I can do simple addition.

nivuahc

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2005, 05:36:05 PM »
Somebody pull me out of this thread before I burst a blood vessel in my forehead!  :evil:

CADaver

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2005, 05:37:09 PM »
Quote from: MP
Unless you wanted to do 3DSOLIDs, or multiple layouts or pagesetups or... nevermind.

nivuahc

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2005, 05:39:07 PM »
Quote from: CADaver

Unless you wanted to do 3DSOLIDs, or multiple layouts or pagesetups or... nevermind.

AND WE DON'T! :shock:

aaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :choke:

CADaver

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2005, 05:45:42 PM »
The reason that Autodesk are releasing a new version every year is simple.
Yup, just like me, they are in business to make money.  You have several options, one of which is stay right where you are.   No one is forcing you to "upgrade", you are choosing to upgrade to either stay competitive or to save money in the long run.  I know a guy still using R9, and is happy as a lark, making money hand over fist.  Someone on this forum is still using R13.

CADaver

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2005, 05:46:27 PM »
Quote from: CADaver

AND WE DON'T! :shock:  
Then don't upgrade.

CADaver

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2005, 05:49:52 PM »
We should all suffer because some customers chose to let Autodesk manage their bank accounts via the subscription?
Why are YOU suffering?  If you don't like the subscription, don't buy it.

Anyone who did the basic math could have told you that it was a poor decision.
For some it is for others it isn't. Each organization needs to make that evaluation.

nivuahc

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2005, 05:51:23 PM »
Oh, the simple solution, how quaint. It's really just that simple, isn't it? Let's just brush off all of our customers and partner engineering firms who got sucked in to the subscription scam. Yeah, that's a good idea.

Unfortunately, that isn't an option for us. Unfortunately, we don't have a choice. Other than 'go out of business', the only choice we have is to bend over and take it.