Author Topic: Intersection Wizard (fails)  (Read 1417 times)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Intersection Wizard (fails)
« on: October 08, 2009, 09:30:02 PM »
I have a user that has sent me some data that we will be reviewing together in the AM.

To the point, the attached image shows the results of the Intersection Wizard performing a FAIL at using the user specified
Offset Alignments.  
To be clear, the user has created and is using their own Offset alignment(s) for the Left and Right Edge of pavement,
however the Wizard fails to assign those alignments to the corridor regions.  Yes it makes the regions for the intersection correctly, and one can then edit the regions and attach the correct alignments and rebuilding the corridor 'fixes' the failed offset alignment assignments.  I take this to indicate that his assembly is correcct, or the lane edge would not follow the offset alignment after editing the region(s)
Can anyone else verify that the New tool is indeed this badly broken?

Also it seems that one can also NOT assign user defined curb return alignments, and or profiles during the intersection wizard process?  This seems to be a couple of interesting defects if the functions are as described.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 08:55:55 AM by mjfarrell »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Intersection Wizard (fails)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 11:31:54 AM »
OK, it would seem that the issue is that the Intersection Wizard does not want to use the sub assembly known as
Crowned Lane.  The odd part is this sub assembly DOES posses the required optional Target parameters to function like, say BLT, or one of the Inside Outside super lanes.  My conclusion is that because the Crowned Lane sub assembly does NOT create two distinct "Groups" within the construction parameters the Intersection Wizard fails to assign the offset alignments properly.
The instant the Sub Assembly is replaced with any pavement section that will transition AND creates a Left and Right pavement section then the Intersection Wizard assigns the offset alignments correctly.

So it would appear the 'defect' is limited to that instance.  Anyone care to test and confirm?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/