Author Topic: Palette and reading dwg database...  (Read 1832 times)

Viktor

Palette and reading dwg database...
« on: October 02, 2009, 09:46:20 PM »
I'm absolutely stumped. I have another ticket out to ADN, but in the mean time decided to express my "stumpness" here, and maybe someone can shine some light.

In my application, its main purpose is to gather data from multiple files and display it on a wpf user control. I access the files by accessing the "side database" or "silent open" whatever you may call it, its by using db.readdwgfile, instead of opening the file.

Well, now I have decided to add more controls to it that would allow user to select the problem and go see it in the drawing, which would mean that I need to open the file, and highlight the entity and let the user think about it, ideally, fix it. I realized that my modal dialog was not going to let me do that, so I decided to shove everything into a palette, it actually makes more sense there.

But here's the problem, now I'm not able to silently open the drawings, is modeless only for the active drawing? cause that would totally stink... i guess I could have 2 different forms, one for gathering data and the other for reviewing and fixing, but that's a drag...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Viktor.

Viktor

Re: Palette and reading dwg database...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 02:24:40 PM »
Looks like you have to set the noDocument to "True" when creating a new instance of the database, like this:
Dim DB As New Database(False, True)
and it works great!