Author Topic: How to check dimension against dimstyle?  (Read 2701 times)

Viktor

How to check dimension against dimstyle?
« on: September 22, 2009, 09:22:32 PM »
I thought this would be easy, just compare all the dimvars against the dimstyle, right? nope. Things like textstyles are not stored in dim vars, and there are many other things as well. So, the question is this, is there anyway to check a dimension against the dimstyle that it is assigned to?

I saw a couple of things like "Audit" and "Compare To" and "Equals" in the functions for dimension object, but haven't got a clue on how to use them or  that's what they will do. I'll give it a try, but decided to post it here at the same time and see if I get any help.

Thanks,
Viktor.

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
Re: How to check dimension against dimstyle?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 10:17:16 AM »
DIMTXSTY  Gets or sets the objectId of the textStyle specified by the current DIMTXSTY value of the dimension.

Viktor

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 12:19:12 PM »
DIMTXSTY  Gets or sets the objectId of the textStyle specified by the current DIMTXSTY value of the dimension.

DIMTXSTY is not an available property for dimension, but it is for dimension style.

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 04:49:24 PM »
TextStyleId?

Viktor

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 05:27:29 PM »
That's right, but that means that I have to check each property at a time, which is always possible but not preferred in this case. At first I thought I could just check all the Dimvars in a loop, that failed as soon as I saw things like textstyle were not under the same variable.

Viktor

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 02:45:17 PM »
Just to follow up, there's no easy way to do this according to ADN team. Comparing one property at a time is the only way.