Author Topic: Excel diagram to Autocad query  (Read 4280 times)

ruairiT

Excel diagram to Autocad query
« on: July 07, 2010, 01:53:49 AM »
Hi,

I have the following query. I have been the task of finding out what possibilities exist and how much effort would be involved to do the following.

From an excel table where the user inputs several paramaters a diagram of a section through a tunnel is created (See screenschot attached)

What would be involved and how much effort would be required to get this resulting diagram reproduced/redrawn in Autocad and I don't mean as an OLE object.

Or would another approach be better in the sense of a completely new program just using VB or lisp. How complicated would this task be?

Thanks

Feargt

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
Re: Excel diagram to Autocad query
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 04:21:31 AM »
You can't create objects and use table cells as construction parameters. If you need to draw this, then indeed you need to program.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

ruairiT

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 07:40:12 AM »
Thanks for the response, any ideas as to how complex a task that would be? Would it be bette to outsource the work?

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 08:25:12 AM »
If the drawing in the spreadsheet is dynamic and changes with the user input, then the calculations are already there, you would simply need to apply them to lisp, vba, or .net to make it a viable application.

You could outsource it for sure, something you might consider if your skills are not up to the task. There are many qualified and able programmers here, you just have to take your pick.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

wjbzone

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 02:58:50 PM »
A easy way to do it from excel is using a script file.

You can use a column in the spreadsheet for the script commands, then copy/paste the data to a .scr file.

I have a command button and vb code in the spreadsheet to write the script file. Then use the autocad scr command read it in.