Author Topic: Visual Styles  (Read 1722 times)

Luke

Visual Styles
« on: September 14, 2009, 09:41:14 AM »
Acad 2010

The default Visual Styles Manager has (5) styles loaded...2d Wireframe, 3d Hidden, 3d Wireframe, Conceptual & Realistic.

I also found 2 Visual Styles on the Tool Pallet.  They are Shades of Gray & Sketchy.  I added those to my template.  The problem is that whenever I start a new drawing the Shades of Gray switched the Materials & Color from 255,255,255 to white and then the white shows up as black. 

I have tried several different colors but every time it switches back to white and everything shows up black.

James Cannon

Re: Visual Styles
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 09:58:17 AM »
255,255,255 will always revert to "white" in most any situation, possibly not all though.  In dealing with materials and such, it will, though.  It does this in hatches as well iirc.

Just use 254,254,254

Luke

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 10:03:26 AM »
I tried several other colors including 254,254,254 and it all continues to revert to white when I isert the template into an existing drawing.

James Cannon

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 10:11:42 AM »
I tried several other colors including 254,254,254 and it all continues to revert to white when I isert the template into an existing drawing.

Does the visual style you're inserting have a unique name?  If not, it may be using the settings of the visual style already present in the drawing you're inserting into; sort of like having a block definition existing in the drawing, and trying to insert a new one: it will use the existing and not the inserted.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 12:04:35 PM »

reverse your process

insert the Drawing

into a NEW drawing started from your new Template

then the Template will be the PARENT object, and the drawing will be the CHILD and thus will inherit all New style changes and features.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Luke

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 12:52:06 PM »
I tried switching my process also.  Seems like regardless of what I do it keeps turning white and therefore blacking out.

I think it has something to do with the fact that the default System Variable of VSMONOCOLOR is 255,255,255 but no matter what I try or what I change I can not get a color change to hold.

Even if I just change the parent drawing, save & close and reopen... it goes back to white.