Author Topic: Inventor Fonts  (Read 9174 times)

Luke

Inventor Fonts
« on: August 24, 2009, 02:46:43 PM »
We are working on getting Inventor 2010 setup.  We will continue using AutoCAD 2010 also.  Currently my general notes and dimensions in ACAD use ROMANS as the font type.

When I try to set up my text and dimension styles in Inventor ROMANS is way to lightweight.

Is there a way to make the text in inventor print darker?

Romans .08height x 85%width shows up perfect in AutoCAD shows up too light in Inventor.

By the way not sure where to post inventor questions. 

Luke

Re: Inventor Fonts
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 03:05:39 PM »
MJ,
I don't think that is my issue... 

In autoCAD I'm using the autocad SHX fonts and they work fine.  Inventor is using windows TTF fonts but they (the peticular on I want) show up too faint.

I did not import anything from AutoCAD into Inventor.  I'm starting inventor from scratch and just comparing it to my AutoCAD printed sheet.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 03:08:48 PM »
MJ,
I don't think that is my issue... 

In autoCAD I'm using the autocad SHX fonts and they work fine.  Inventor is using windows TTF fonts but they (the peticular on I want) show up too faint.

I did not import anything from AutoCAD into Inventor.  I'm starting inventor from scratch and just comparing it to my AutoCAD printed sheet.

wasn't sure where the two-dee line work was originating, however I thought it might point you towards using different fonts in Inventoer due to those known issues...
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Luke

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 03:22:54 PM »
I follow...  so is this saying I can direct Inventor to look to SHX fonts?

Luke

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 03:30:09 PM »
Nevermind...  I see, it's saying SHX are no good in inventor.  

So any suggestions on how to the the TTF to show up darker?  They are fine on the screen but the printed page is too faint.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:01:40 PM by Luke »