Author Topic: LABEL STYLES  (Read 6361 times)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: LABEL STYLES
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 12:10:22 PM »
Still no luck!  I created a new everything.  When I have the points inserted in the DWG I then change the point label style to the one I want and I see no extra information.  I also looked at the imported point file information and I do not have any comments showning up in the Column 1 area like what you show.

The only other thought would be I may need to look at how the description keys are set up.  What did you use in the format column for the codes?  i.e. for Curb and Gutter code we are using CGL.  So for the code I have CGL* because we may use numerics behind the code to allow for double coding.  In the format column I have CURB/GUTTER $1

Is this something that could be causing the problem with it not impoting the points?  Or do I have something else going on?

this has nothing to do with description keys, or figure preferences...
open the file I posted...
look at how things are set up...
import your points in the file format and parse it...

does it work in my file?  YES

now make yours like mine.... ;)

Keep in mind this ONLY works during the IMPORT points function, NOT the Import Event function on the Survey Toolspace Tab.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 12:41:43 PM by mjfarrell »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

tcopeland

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 02:09:03 PM »
I guess if I would have read into what was said in the post you made earlier I wouldn't have gotten a headache. :-D I will just have to import points through the import points function and then add them to the survey database.

Thanks for the beating uh... I mean help!

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 02:17:46 PM »
I guess if I would have read into what was said in the post you made earlier I wouldn't have gotten a headache. :-D I will just have to import points through the import points function and then add them to the survey database.

Thanks for the beating uh... I mean help!

the floggings will continue; until we run out of Quips....er Whips
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:01:41 PM by mjfarrell »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/