Author Topic: need help quick w/ camera view  (Read 4262 times)

CottageCGirl

need help quick w/ camera view
« on: August 04, 2009, 02:51:07 PM »
am jumping into 3D for the first time in 10 years...  ADT08,    have set up dwg of a room interior, set up camera view,  the preview looks great, but when I apply the view to the screen, my exterior windows don't show up.....all layers are on and set to print.......all I want to do is print.....once.....ugggg help..can't seem to capture the preview..so I can't post it.....

James Cannon

Re: need help quick w/ camera view
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 03:22:34 PM »
am jumping into 3D for the first time in 10 years...  ADT08,    have set up dwg of a room interior, set up camera view,  the preview looks great, but when I apply the view to the screen, my exterior windows don't show up.....all layers are on and set to print.......all I want to do is print.....once.....ugggg help..can't seem to capture the preview..so I can't post it.....

The only reason something might not show is if there is some 'clipping plane' issues for the display, but if everything shows around it, that's not it.

It'd ADT... so... is the block you used for the window, perchance not set up to display in a "perspective" view?  I know very little, so far, about multi-view objects, but just thinking along the lines of how they show differently depending on the view, is there a way to check to see if it is set to display anything when in a PERSPECTIVE view?  (when your camera is set as your view, PERSPECTIVE is automatically toggled on, to show the camera point of view 'properly' )

That's my first thought. 

Have you tried hitting 'render' to see if it shows in the output there?  It should go real quick with basic settings.

CottageCGirl

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 03:25:38 PM »
I'm checking that, but under properties - display componant...it says "NONe" is that the problem?

CottageCGirl

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 03:51:05 PM »
Ha HA!   render worked....just what I needed, I can look into it more later, but that got me where I needed to be!

Thanks!

James Cannon

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 04:06:43 PM »
I'm checking that, but under properties - display componant...it says "NONe" is that the problem?

Sorry, that's where my vanilla-self stops having ideas... sounds like a vertical-specific problem to me, but I'm glad you at least got something presentable to get you by until you find out the real answer.

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 04:52:56 PM »

Display config??  Are you using a different display configuration from that of the floor plan?
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io