Author Topic: Vlax and Vla commands not recognized  (Read 10501 times)

Chris

• Swamp Rat
Vlax and Vla commands not recognized
« on: July 30, 2009, 03:08:16 PM »
First, I have (vl-load-com) at the beginning of my program so I know that isnt an issue.
I have somewhat of a unique setup for AutoCAD 2010, I have both 32 and 64 bit versions on the same machine.  We use a third party app called Eagle Point, they are not interested in creating a version that is compatible with 64 bit AutoCAD, which is why I have both 32 and 64 installed on the same machine (32 for working with Eagle Point)  Eagle point works fine with the 32 bit AutoCAD, the problem is, there is something wrong with my 32 bit AutoCAD that makes it so the Vlax and Vla commands are not recognized.  My command history looks like this when starting AutoCAD:

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: WIGHTMANCAD
Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: CUSTOM2010_X64
Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: ACAD
Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: EXPRESS
Regenerating model.

"0"
; warning:AutoCAD type library load failed: "Library not registered"
; warning:AutoCAD type library load failed: "Library not registered"

AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.; error: no function definition:
VLAX-GET-ACAD-OBJECT

When I open up vlide it looks like the attached picture.  The vla and vlax commands are usually blue, in my case they are not.  If I highlight a line, and inspect it, it returns no function definition.  I have tried everything I can think of to work around this.  Is there some third party app that can give me the same functionality, or possibly Autolisp code that can replace functions.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.
AEC Collection 2020 (C3D)
Win 10

Didge

• Bull Frog
Re: Vlax and Vla commands not recognized
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 11:34:44 AM »
I discovered what appears to be an identical issue when attempting to run vla commands on a Compaq laptop. I did lots of research and came up with nothing but a few similar reports across the web. The issue arose when trying to run "vlx" files compiled on another workstation.  Even a complete re-installation of AutoCAD failed to fix the issue. I understand this problem may also occur after compiling vlx files across some networks.

The only solution proved to be re-compiling each "vlx" on the Compaq itself, they then ran without any problems.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 11:38:26 AM by Didge »
Think Slow......

Chris

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 11:37:02 AM »
I wish it was that simple, AutoCAD doesnt even recognize typing this in at the command line:
(vlax-get-acad-object)
let alone if it were in a program.
Win 10

Spike Wilbury

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 11:51:47 AM »
two routes:

1. re install autocad from scratch

2. something I won't do, but maybe: to call vlax-import-type-library and import the vllib.dll (make sure it is the right name) provide the same prefixes

good luck!

Chris

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 11:57:03 AM »
two routes:

2. something I won't do, but maybe: to call vlax-import-type-library and import the vllib.dll (make sure it is the right name) provide the same prefixes

good luck!
Reinstall didnt work, have tried that several times
no vlax call will work
Win 10

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 12:00:20 PM »
For help with Luis' method, check this, page 32 bottom.

Chris

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 12:04:48 PM »
; error: no function definition: VLAX-IMPORT-TYPE-LIBRARY
Win 10

Spike Wilbury

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 12:05:48 PM »
two routes:

good luck!
Reinstall didnt work, have tried that several times
no vlax call will work

i see...

when you open autocad and then call the vlide did you see that the kernel is loaded by opening the trace page? (VLLIB.dll) and does not show any error?

Chris

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 12:08:17 PM »
Welcome to Visual LISP for AutoCAD 2010
; LPP kernel: IDE v.T.0* Feb  8 2009
 [ACADVER = 18.0s (LMS Tech)]
; kern VLLib: IDE v.T* Mar 03 1999, build #692 [2/8/09]

; "C:/Program Files (x86)/AutoCAD 2010/VLLIB.DLL" loaded
; desktop restored from "C:/Users/ccowgill/AppData/Roaming/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2010/R18.0/enu/VLIDE.DSK"
Win 10

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 12:10:00 PM »
I don't think you can have both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of AutoCAD 2010 (or any other program where ActiveX DLLs need to be registered)  installed on the same machine. In fact, I'm surprised you were even able to install Acad2010 32bit on a 64 bit machine.  You can try removing the 64 bit version and reinstalling the 32bit (if you can) and see if the DLL's  register correctly.  I bet your registry settings are fubar.

Spike Wilbury

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 12:12:38 PM »
I don't think you can have both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of AutoCAD 2010 (or any other program where ActiveX DLLs need to be registered)  installed on the same machine. In fact, I'm surprised you were even able to install Acad2010 32bit on a 64 bit machine.  You can try removing the 64 bit version and reinstalling the 32bit (if you can) and see if the DLL's  register correctly.  I bet your registry settings are fubar.

I think Daniel hit the nail.... i'll that route

Chris

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 12:14:01 PM »
32 bit and 64 bit AutoCAD 2009 seemed to install and run perfectly fine side by side.  I tried it with 2010, and the only visible issue I can see is the VLAX and VLA functions are not recognized.  I have tried uninstalling both, reinstalling only 32 bit, problem didnt go away, so I reinstalled 64 bit.  The 64 bit version seems to run fine.
Win 10

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 01:57:20 PM »
My understanding is that VBA isn't installed with 2010 and VisualLisp is essentially an extension of those methods. Perhaps you should check to see if it is installed in the 32bit version.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 02:07:12 PM »
I use 2010, and of course VL, on 32-bit Vista.

I had the issue that the commands would appear black in the VLIDE, and were not recognised. But I just typed (vl-load-com) at the command line and all was fine.

But, as you say, you have already tried this...  :|

Chris

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 02:09:37 PM »
My understanding is that VBA isn't installed with 2010 and VisualLisp is essentially an extension of those methods. Perhaps you should check to see if it is installed in the 32bit version.
Never installed vba for 64 and it works perfectly fine, tried to install it for 32 and it doesnt even recognize that AutoCAD is on my system.
Win 10