Author Topic: script help  (Read 3693 times)

ELOQUINTET

script help
« on: October 29, 2004, 01:44:12 PM »
wasn't sure where to post this but how would one open all files in a folder via script? i have written my batch plot script but not sure how to open multiple files and tell it to print all layouts. feel free to pick apart my script   :lol:

Code: [Select]
;;;
;;;batch plot
;;;
;;open drawings

;;plot the drawing
-plot
;;Detailed plot configuration?
n
;;Enter a layout name
"36 X 24 L"
;;Enter page setup
36 X 24 L
;;Enter an output device name
Oce TDS400 1.x.pc3
;;Write the plot to a file [Yes/No]
y
;;Name plot file
y
;;Save changes to page setup [Yes/No]
n
;;Proceed with plot [Yes/No]
y
;;close all drawings
closeall
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
;;;END OF SCRIPT
;;;

ELOQUINTET

script help
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 02:19:57 PM »
hmmm i just noticed that it is not putting the plt file in the same directory as the drawing either actually i don't know where it's putting it so that's the second part of my question once i open all the files in the directory how do i store the plot files in that same directory?

hudster

• Gator
script help
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 12:27:41 PM »
try downloading EZscript, you can find it here.

This will allow you to run multiple scripts, or single scripts, or even lisps on single or multiple drawings.

It's a wee bit of a pain to configure, but it works pretty well, and it's free.
Also it uses the same AutoCAD program to run the script, unlike autodesks own version which opens AutoCAD runs the script closes AutoCAD and opens a new one.

Hope this helps.
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

ELOQUINTET

script help
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 12:56:55 PM »
hudster i do have ezscript but have never been able to get it to work so how do i configure it? i think my real question is how to write a lisp or script or whatever language would perform the task best. i need a way to be able to find all layouts in a drawing because they will vary in number and name so i guess this would have to be done through lisp but i'm not sure how?

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
script help
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 02:01:59 PM »
If you have trouble configuring it, another thing you can do to run the script is to type script in the command line and browse to C:\ezscript\ezscript.scr. It will run this way no problem.

Ron

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

ELOQUINTET

script help
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 04:47:24 PM »
sorry guys but could we return to post 1 and look at part 2 of my question. how can i tell to computer to create plot files for each layout tab? once i have this figured out i think i will configure ezscript should have reversed my questions  :oops:

hudster

• Gator
script help
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 04:02:38 AM »
to plot each layout tab by script, you will have to run the above script for each layout tab.
So where your script says enter layout name, you will need to do this for all the layouts.

I can't think of another way to plot all the layouts at once by script.
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

ELOQUINTET

script help
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 07:52:07 AM »
that's what i thought so script is not the way for this task because the layout names will always be job specific. thanks anyway hudster