Author Topic: Stay in one line...  (Read 2958 times)

MeasureUp

• Bull Frog
Stay in one line...
« on: February 19, 2013, 05:59:57 PM »
Here is a sample:
Code: [Select]
(prompt "The command function evaluates each argument and sends it to AutoCAD in response to successive prompts.")
It returns the "The command..." message in the command prompt but is displayed in 2 lines.
In the present days we all have bigger screen and I think it would be better if a such long message like this one can be shown in a single line in the prompt.
How to display this message in one line?
Thanks for your help.

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
Re: Stay in one line...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 06:14:42 PM »
but is displayed in 2 lines.

The sample you provide is displayed on a single line for me using AutoCAD 2013. If more text is added, the line will break after character 154, but this is likely a restriction of my screen-size. If the text window is maximised, the printed text is moved back to a single line which scrolls horizontally when selected in the text window.

I assume this is new command-line behaviour implemented in either 2012/3 since I distinctly remember the command-line width restriction in 2010 and earlier being at around 80 characters.

kruuger

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 06:23:03 PM »
but is displayed in 2 lines.

The sample you provide is displayed on a single line for me using AutoCAD 2013. If more text is added, the line will break after character 154, but this is likely a restriction of my screen-size. If the text window is maximised, the printed text is moved back to a single line which scrolls horizontally when selected in the text window.

I assume this is new command-line behaviour implemented in either 2012/3 since I distinctly remember the command-line width restriction in 2010 and earlier being at around 80 characters.
new command-line 2012/13 is terrible  :'(
- sometimes princ are not displayed at command  - crap
- (entget (car (entsel))) at one line  :o - bigger crap
- not able to 'scroll' up, down the whole code pasted at command-line - mega crap
each new version of command-line starting from 2011 is getting worse.
k.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:27:01 PM by kruuger »

MeasureUp

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 06:51:35 PM »

Is there a such system variable for this setting?
I'm using v2011 but will move to v2014 in late march, hopefully.