Author Topic: Dynamic Intelligent Leader !  (Read 180006 times)

GDF

• Water Moccasin
Re: Dynamic Intelligent Leader !
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 02:33:38 PM »
oops, I didn't try that one. Yes it works. Thanks for sharing it.
However I have to move the circle using the circle's grip and not the move command for it to work dynamically.
Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over?
BricsCAD 2020x64 Windows 10x64

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 03:01:14 PM »
Yes...I use only "GRIPS_xxx" reactor to allow user to move object and/or leader without remaking the leaders..
Keep smile...

Serge J. Gianolla

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 10:30:11 PM »
Ciao Andrea,

1st thing 1st, bravo, bravissimo. Very clever tool

Need comments on the idea and concept.
thanks.
One little issue though! When deleting the object the leader still exists, on other hand if deleting and undoing later on the connectivity is still established.

Pour ce qui est du nom, faudrait que tu saches qu'en anglais DIL ca veut dire qlq chose d'autre aussi :evil: :lmao:

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 11:09:27 PM »
Ciao Andrea,

1st thing 1st, bravo, bravissimo. Very clever tool

Need comments on the idea and concept.
thanks.
One little issue though! When deleting the object the leader still exists, on other hand if deleting and undoing later on the connectivity is still established.

Pour ce qui est du nom, faudrait que tu saches qu'en anglais DIL ca veut dire qlq chose d'autre aussi :evil: :lmao:

Hey Serge.. Thanks for your comments..

First..I have think about that "On ERASE" and remove the leader..but that need to detect leader and Mtext attached on it and delete it also...
so if user do UNDO...this need to create reactor to detect if ERASE is the last command, filter if it was an object attached by a DILEADER, Retreive all DiLeader associated with all coordinates, and undo all leader and MTEXT entity for this object..
at the end.....have an head hake.  No thanks. ;-)

So leaving like this, allow user to draw Leader attached to an object and erase the object without remaking the leader if he need to keep it.
and like you have said....doing an Undo after deleting the object....the association still remain.

Pour le nom.. j'y avais aussi pensé....mais bon...ca fait jaser !  ;-)
Keep smile...

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 11:07:04 AM »
Downloaded and played with it.  I am probably doing something wrong so keep that in mind.

Also I am played with it on ACA 2010.

• First thing I notice is that the leader does not want to bend if stretched far frorm the object.  
  • Second thing was text style did not change when I change the text style.
  • Third was when toggling ortho and polar on and off it left little droppings of "notes" at whatever the location it happen to be when toggled
  • Fourth, when console break happen it left the leader and the note instead of deleting it.
  • Fifth, was when a Dymanick block was slected the leader snap way off to the left.  
  • and Sixth, it messing with the settings of my quick view drawings pane.  close the drawing and reopen and settings reset to as desired.

This will be really cool if you can get it to work

I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 11:13:29 AM »
Just use an object modified reactor, and an object erased reactor, in conjuncture with a command ended reactor.  That way you will update on any change.  You can see how I did it in the post, and one a few posts down for the updated code.

[ http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=8710.msg111442#msg111442 ]

If you want, you can read through the whole thread as Luis helped me a lot to understand reactors.  Thanks again Luis.  :-)
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

GDF

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 11:32:24 AM »
Just use an object modified reactor, and an object erased reactor, in conjuncture with a command ended reactor.  That way you will update on any change.  You can see how I did it in the post, and one a few posts down for the updated code.

[ http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=8710.msg111442#msg111442 ]

If you want, you can read through the whole thread as Luis helped me a lot to understand reactors.  Thanks again Luis.  :-)

Yes, I would second this, to make the reactor a presistant reactor.
Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over?

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2009, 01:08:20 PM »
Hi krushert ..

thanks for your testing results.  ;-)

Ok..after many test..
First thing I notice is that the leader does not want to bend if stretched far frorm the object.
Strange...I have no bug with that..How far you stretch it ?

Second thing was text style did not change when I change the text style.
Same thing....No problem changing the Textstyle....how did you change it ?

Third was when toggling ortho and polar on and off it left little droppings of "notes" at whatever the location it happen to be when toggled
??  I can't reproduce the problem..

Fourth, when console break happen it left the leader and the note instead of deleting it
OK..I'll fix that. thanks.  ;-)

Fifth, was when a Dymanick block was slected the leader snap way off to the left.
Yep..I know...all block do same thing dynamic or not...I need to fix that also.  thanks  ;-)

and Sixth, it messing with the settings of my quick view drawings pane.  close the drawing and reopen and settings reset to as desired.
I personally have many many Bug with this news AutoCAD feature....event WITHOUT using Dileader (simple AutoCAD Vanilla)
Sometime You will have same result when drawing a simple line.

This will be really cool if you can get it to work
...thanks. but need to have more info about your testing bugs.

Can you provide animated GIF or send me a drawing wo you have these bugs ?
Something who can Help me to resolve the problem ?..

Also,...It will be useful if some other tester have same problem please let me know.

This is the first release of DiLeader to know user's pulse...and it will be improved shortly.

thanks for all your comments, suggestions and bug reports.  ;-)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 02:29:44 PM by Andrea »
Keep smile...

Chris

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 08:22:24 AM »
Code: [Select]
(setq DL_textsize (getvar "textsize"))

results in very small text size :(

suggest:
(setq DL_textsize (* (getvar "DIMSCALE") (getvar "DIMTXT")))

unless current dimension style has fixed text height, yada yada

does dimscale do you any good when using annotative text?
Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.
AEC Collection 2020 (C3D)
Win 10

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 09:21:14 AM »
(setq DL_textsize (getvar "textsize"))

results in very small text size :(

suggest:
(setq DL_textsize (* (getvar "DIMSCALE") (getvar "DIMTXT")))

unless current dimension style has fixed text height, yada yada

does dimscale do you any good when using annotative text?

Chris..

maybe you need to test the last Last release
 ;-)
Keep smile...

KewlToyZ

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 09:41:14 AM »
You may want to check the annotation scale variable settings in 2010, they may be messing with the dileader setup.

(command "ANNOTATIVEDWG" 0)   ; Specifies whether or not the drawing will behave as an annotative block when inserted into another drawing - 0 = False
; 0    Nonannotative
; 1    Annotative
; Note   The ANNOTATIVEDWG system variable becomes read-only if the drawing contains annotative objects.

;  (princ "\n")
(command "ANNOAUTOSCALE" -4)
;   Updates annotative objects to support the annotation scale when the annotation scale is changed.
;   When the value is negative, the autoscale functionality is turned off, but the settings are maintained:
; 1   Adds the newly set annotation scale to annotative objects that support the current scale except for those on layers that are turned off, frozen, locked or that are set to Viewport > Freeze.
; -1    ANNOAUTOSCALE is turned off, but when turned back on is set to 1.
; 2   Adds the newly set annotation scale to annotative objects that support the current scale except for those on layers that are turned off, frozen, or that are set to Viewport > Freeze.
; -2    ANNOAUTOSCALE is turned off, but when turned back on is set to 2.
; 3   Adds the newly set annotation scale to annotative objects that support the current scale except for those on layers that are locked.
; -3   ANNOAUTOSCALE is turned off, but when turned back on is set to 3.
; 4   Adds the newly set annotation scale to all annotative objects that support the current scale.
; -4    ANNOAUTOSCALE is turned off, but when turned back on is set to 4.

(command "ANNOALLVISIBLE" 1)   ;   Hides or displays annotative objects that do not support the current annotation scale.
;   The ANNOALLVISIBLE setting is saved individually for model space and each layout.
;   Note   When ANNOALLVISIBLE is set to 1, annotative objects that support more than one scale will only display one scale representation.
;   0   Only annotative objects that support the current annotation scale are displayed
;   1    All annotative objects are displayed

Andrea

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 09:48:15 AM »
You.r right !! i'll do it..

thanks   :wink:

(I don't use annotative)
Keep smile...

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2009, 12:49:57 PM »
...thanks. but need to have more info about your testing bugs.

Can you provide animated GIF or send me a drawing wo you have these bugs ?
Something who can Help me to resolve the problem ?..

Also,...It will be useful if some other tester have same problem please let me know.

This is the first release of DiLeader to know user's pulse...and it will be improved shortly.

thanks for all your comments, suggestions and bug reports.  ;-)
Just getting back from Vacation.  I will post something in a day or two.
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

andrew_nao

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2009, 10:22:44 AM »
i havent downloaded or tested this
but looking at the animations this looks to be a very cool program

and i have 1 question, is there any chance that you could have some type of option for working with dtext instead of mtext?

maybe place some type of "switch" in the code itself for the user to change to get it to use dtext in place of mtext?

regardless if you can or not, i still think this is a nifty program

GDF

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2009, 10:31:20 AM »
i havent downloaded or tested this
but looking at the animations this looks to be a very cool program

and i have 1 question, is there any chance that you could have some type of option for working with dtext instead of mtext?

maybe place some type of "switch" in the code itself for the user to change to get it to use dtext in place of mtext?

regardless if you can or not, i still think this is a nifty program

I will second that request also, only use dtext here.