Author Topic: Disecting a drawing file structure?  (Read 1546 times)

KewlToyZ

Disecting a drawing file structure?
« on: June 21, 2009, 10:33:36 PM »
I'm hitting a wall trying to diagnose the publishing failures with the 2009/2008 interfaces.
It seems to be occuring on arbitrary items that audit/recovery can't find.
2007 will publish the files using the same formats.

I'm wondering if any of the specialty guru's here may point me to some other means of diagnosing the flaws in the files.
With dwg being an Autodesk proprietary file structure, I wondered if using the SDK that other software developers utilize could be a potential means of exposing the flaw? After the 3rd service pack it still happens.
I've been going around with this for quite a few months through Autodesk and it hasn't resolved the issue.
I'm trying to head out in another direction to find and fix the flaws proactively within projects if I could pinpoint the key items. So far it has ranged from legacy MTEXT, MTEXT within blocks, custom AEC content, and even more frustrating; dwg files exported from non AutoCAD programs used as XREF's after being sent through -ExportToAutoCAD to purge non-essential content and create an actual AutoCAD file.
My last resort is DXFOUT for the files as a standard but this ruins the layer structures in many ways.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Another alternative i had considered was TrueView creating a copy of the entire project when errant flaws occur to save time in debugging. But all of these are doubling machine time to process project files and are really just a long way around fixing a bug that has proven to be elusive.

Thanks for your time folks.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 10:52:21 PM by KewlToyZ »

KewlToyZ

Re: Disecting a drawing file structure?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 11:12:48 AM »
I'm wondering if I should set the defaults for the network profiles to save back to a version earlier than 2007 could help mitigate the problem. Set the company standards back to 2004 format possibly?  :pissed: