Author Topic: section generation  (Read 2307 times)

rogue

section generation
« on: January 14, 2009, 05:54:28 AM »
Im reviving this thread again in hopes I can find others trying the same. Sort of like the last guy on earth in those cheap horror movies.

I want to generate sections, and elevations, using VBA. The sections, and/or elevations I want to generate will have background geometry -other solids, or partially obscured back faces.

Have been unable to do it myself, the long way - no VBA access to faces, having to use multiple sendcommand just to explode the solids, and then having to deal with all the various surfaces that may appear after the explodes.

Yes, the section command works, for a single solid. But no background geometry. The "GenerateSectionGeometry" call works, but for some strange reason it only allows the selection of a single entity (unlike the manual version, which allows selection of multiple solids)

Theres gotta be a way, without having to rewrite everything from scratch. Im thinking maybe there is XRecord access to the multiple selections made by the SectionPlane manager? Maybe I can blast some bytes in there? Poking thru a dxf file seems to hint at this.

Basically, my company demands sections that are formatted with certain layers and linetypes, and wants the actual sectioned geometry to be closed polylines. The SectionPlane, as run manually, does a nice job of bringing back all the needed geometry - but a bug in AC08 keeps the layers from coming back correctly, and there is only one hatch type available.

So I need access to the geometry myself, in hopes I can format the geometry at the source, while it is still listed as "background", "foreground", etc, geometry.

Any gurus out there have any ideas?

lekside44

Re: section generation
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 10:38:53 AM »
are you integrating the vb into a cad enviroment or you are drawing the section from the vb enviroment?

rogue

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 01:01:43 PM »
well, nothing was done, because of the roadblocks I encountered. What I had hoped to do was to generate my own 2d section blocks, in autocad, using API driven code.

lekside44

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 01:47:55 AM »
do you know about active x technology? want to use it in some forms of automations